HELP - Scanning channels and Autobouquet - UK Virgin?

bilabonic

Hi All

Just had box back of my brother, Zgemma H5.2TC after he has lost channels (Ch5 and ITV work)?

Tuner A is OFF
Tuner B is set OK with my NET ID and Virgin ALL Areas
Tuner C is set OK with my NET ID and Virgin ALL Areas

I have also just updated ABM after reading on here...EDIT -Got it working whilst typing..lol

How do i set up EPG?

There seems to be a lot to select from?

GREEN BUTTON>EPG IMPORTER Plug In>enabled, on to update @ 3am.....

What do i choose for BLUE BUTTON/SOURCES??

Shall i just tick ALL the four green box's under -Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV

Cheers

Cheers, all up and working guys...

Not sure WHY the box went weird, channels all jumbled etc and only FTA working?

ALL i have done is update ABM providers and sorted EPG as above...Weird...

I have tbh i hate these box's...I have 4 other H2H box's and they are faultless..Old image...Rock steady..

Looks like they are discounted though...What is the cheapest replacement for an H2H?

Thanks

Have you pressed menu setup auto bouquets maker service searching then start scan that will sort everything into categories! Not sure if that’s the correct way as I’m using vix but when you see auto bouquets maker press it then press start scan that will sort the channels into categories

Yea, i did that as above, updated ABM and all is OK, weird how i lost channels though..
My good old H2H is still fine, never have to touch it..EVER..

Anyone recommend a new cable box?

Last edited:
Yes mate there’s quite a few under All builds
Where it says techkings.org top left press it and scroll down to you see All Builds you will see infinity and more! I can’t send link on phone don’t know how lol

Sorry, that is not helpful at all. Go into the ABM menu, take a screenshot of the providers menu so that we can see the options you have set.

Sorry, that is not helpful at all. Go into the ABM menu, take a screenshot of the providers menu so that we can see the options you have set.

It's working fine, i did not alter the providers.
I just checked and as i stated above i have my Net Id and ALL yes Virgin (except for NI)..

You have not posted the bottom page which shows the options for Virgin UK.

Anyway, the big mistake is you are telling ABM to only include FTA channels. Change that back to the default of "no" And run ABM again, that should sort most of the issue out.

As a special project, and if you are a bit adventurous, paste these commands in terminal/putty. They will remove some providers you don't use and make menu/options easier to read on your skin.
Code:
rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/cable_nl.xml
rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/cable_swe.xml
rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/cable_ie_mk2.xml
rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/terrestrial_ie*.xml
rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/terrestrial_NL*.xml

Last edited:
Back