Help Streaming zgemma using openwebif to now tv box with plex sideloaded.

shaker777

Hi,

New user of the zgemma box who's not that technically gifted and looking for abit of advice / help on trying to achieve the following.

i have asked the question in a plex forum but the guy that tried to help was unfamiliar with the zgemma.

what I'm trying to achieve is to stream the content of my zgemma to my Now TV box, so I can take my Now TV box anywhere where's there's a internet connection and watch my live streamed content. (Basically it's so my dad can watch the darts through the Now TV up his house when I have the same channel on at mine through the zgemma)

i have sideloaded Plex onto my Now TV box all ok, and I have my laptop that's permanently on and use this as my Plex server. This all works fine and can stream my media content to any device with plex on it.

I also use plex on other devices including smart TVs and iPhones/ iPads

i have then added the following bundle to the plugin section of plex . this allows the user to add a m3u playlist and stream to the Now tv box. The download comes with a sample playlist which works all ok

i then go to the openwebif and create a m3u playlist by clicking the tv icon next to the all channels bouquet. I've tested the playlist out on VLC player and it works all ok. Also I use this playlist to watch my zgemma through the Smart IPTV app on my Smart Samsung tv with no issues.

When I insert/replace the playlist into the iptv folder, check either on plex on the laptop or Now tv box and there are no channels available.

Not knowing a lot about playlists I thought that that it might not be in the correct format, so I used a converter - Enigma tv
now when I check on plex either on the laptop or on the Now tv box the channel listings are there, starting from BBC 1, BBC 2 etc.. but they either are unable to play any of the streams.

now I'm at a bit stuck and was wondering is it possible to do what I'm trying to accomplish, is there something I'm doing wrong or cannot it not be done this way.

ive searched on the forums ( and the whole of the internet!) and can only find this thread on the subject.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/82658-nowtv-zgemma-box.html

there was another app you could load with plex on the Now tv box called dreambox mentioned in the above thread but this now doesn't work since the latest update on the plex media server on the laptop has gone from version 0. to version 1. but again unsure if you would be able to access the zgemma from outside your home network using this.

apologies if I've waffled abit, but just thought get it all down on paper what I've done / set up.

if any of you lovely gifted individuals on here could help me with this I'd be very very grateful, but please bear in mind I can be quite thick when it comes to all this! (y)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Back