Help.... Struggling with ABM for VM on vu+ duo2

Js247

Hi guys I hope someone can help, I'm really struggling scanning for vm channels using abm.

I bought a vu+ duo2 a couple of weeks ago, with twin sat and single cable tuners. I have installed the latest openvix image.

Used abm for Sat and that works fine. For cable I can do the automatic scan, that finds all channels.

But abm finds none. The cable tuner is set up for scanning by provider, netid set to 00000, sr 6952, all qams set to yes. In Providers for vm the netid setting is 40961 for my area. When I scan it returns fatal tuning error. I've tried other netids but no luck.

Checked signal strength and quality, that looks ok, and the auto scan finding channels shows signal is probably ok.

There is loads of advice on forums but nothing has helped.

I'm really running out of ideas now, any help and guidance will be appreciated, cheers.

Set your net id in the cable tuner setup section also aswell as in ABM ... check you've only got S*y UK and V*rgin UK enabled in ABM.

Hi, I've set it to 00000 in the cable tuner setup, also tried 40961, but no luck. Also tried both and just cable in abm.

Netid for Bradford is apparently 40961 and provider 6952, as per the list of netids online. I don't have a vm stb to confirm though. Have also tried other netid in my region.

It shouldn't be 00000 ... the 2 net id's for Bradford are 00001 and 40961... try 00001 in ABM.

Ok, I think I have tried 00001 (yorks?) but will do just in case. I tried 00000 in cable setup as suggested in some other post. Can't get on the box at the moment, missus is watching!

netid 00001 frequency 643000 symbol_rate 6887 West Yorkshire

Try 00001 in tuner setup and also in ABM before scanning.

Hi, just tried the settings above, but get the tuning fail fatal error message. Only thing I couldn't do is use the frequency setting, where would that go?

Hi, just tried the settings above, but get the tuning fail fatal error message. Only thing I couldn't do is use the frequency setting, where would that go?

The cable tuner is set up for scanning by provider, netid set to 00000, sr 6952, all qams set to yes. In Providers for vm the netid setting is 40961 for my area. When I scan it returns fatal tuning error.

I assume same place where you seen all this info.

Hi, couldn't see where to put the frequency, but.... it's sorted, I decided to start again from scratch. I reinstalled the image, installed an online software update, set everything back up, with netid of 40961 etc, and it worked. Not sure what I did originally, but must have messed something up.
Thank you chaps for your time and patience, really appreciated. Cheers!

No problem... sometimes you run into issues when you rush into it and always better with a fresh platform and fresh mind.

Back