Help to tell if virgin line is still active

snoop1

Hey guys,
Firstly just wanted to say how great this forum is start off and I have learnt a wealth of information from here so thank you.

I have a venton unibox with twin satellite tuners I have bought another tuner to replace it with one sat and one cable. Before I waste my money with getting a cable I need to find out if my 6 year old virgin line is still active as I have been with sky since.

Found the old white box put a coax cable, got the old trusty star view combo I had and did a channel search free view only and they all work. BBC, ITV and the rest.

Does that mean I have active line and if I got a line if would work? Withought subscribing to virgin for any services as I am happy with sky broadband

Thanks do u think it's worth borrowing a tivo box from a friend just make sure the line is active or has the box I have just confirmed it is.

If you're receiving bbc on the feed its active, if not you wouldn't get anything, get a test line and try it out

Oh okay great. Will swap out the tuners tonight hopefully and easy job. Gibbletts thanks for all your help

Deffo live i plugged a tivo box in in my house got channel one and thats all i checked best thing done getting cable tunner i missed the hd haha

Deffo live i plugged a tivo box in in my house got channel one and thats all i checked best thing done getting cable tunner i missed the hd haha

The thing is I only purchased the box recently and I've been away from the game for a while and I did not know cable was back. It's my own fault should of done my research before hand. So managed to get 1 sat and 1 cable tuner for the box just need to switch it over

Not to totally change the topic but, why exactly are people who have Sky now missing the HD channels? Or are only certain people missing them? No-one seems to say why,

Why wouldn't you have the HD set up rather then SD. I don't think it's about missing HD I think as people upgrade boxes they are buying twin/quad tuners so they can watch both sat and cable.

Hd has been blocked on the sly cs route for everbody for nearly 2years now maybe more were as cable still has the hd thats why there is alot of people going back to cable or buying sat and cable boxes

Ok got the tuner changed up last night not as easy as I thought but done.

Now because I was using a twin cable for sky, can I just use the other one for cable?

Also I think I need some sort of f connector adaptor which I don't know the name of. If someone could direct me

Ok got home use the F connector I cant get any signal with cable!! plugged my starview back in and i can watch sky news anyone explain what im doing wrong.

Ok, so got somewhere there is No signal on half the channels few non fta work but trying to figure out why no signal on other channels as abm organised the channels

Back