Help Trees Blocking Signal

royster

Sorry if posted in wrong section.

I have a park behind my house and a tree has grown blocking some satellites.
Contacted my local council to trim the tree down but they are brushing me off saying its not there problem.

While searching the internet and found the following -

Planning regulations and landlords' bans on satellite dishes may be illegal after a decision by the European Court of Human Rights.

In test case 23883/06, the court decided the tenants had a human right under article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights - the freedom to receive information.

Giving you have the right to put a dish on any property.

I am not a solicitor but would that also mean that if a tree or trees are blocking you from getting a satellite signal (freedom to receive information) then it is breaking Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

Could I use this against the council.

Can anyone advise or help with this?

Thanks

A matchbox and some gasoline might be cheaper and less time consuming...
What if a building were to block your signal?Can/should be taken down? What if you do not have enough money for a subscription to the service, is that still impeding on your freedom to receive information, and someone HAS to fix it?
I am curious how it will all work out for you. Good luck.

Have you contacted your provider to see what they have to say about it?
More than likely sky (if thats who your with) have dealt with this issue before.
Also if there is a free citizens advice center you could check that out or just seek advice from a solicitor. A simple letter to the council from a solicitor maybe enough to resolve the issue. Maybe the dish could be moved higher up the house?
That or a good chainsaw (joking by the way)

Back