Help with an Openbox V9s

Swiftser

Hi guys,

So I bought a OpenBox V9s today and a 12 month gift and I'm having trouble setting up my OpenBox.

So I connected it to a network and I currently have a Sky Q box which was connected from a satellite with 2 LNB cables. So I took one out and connected to the OpenBox and I was just getting no signal. The channels are all there though all of them say "No Signal". I went on to Antenna Installation and I selected the Sky Sat and it says signal: 83% quality: 0%.

I really would like some help and please don't criticise me for acting stupid, I'm really new to all of this [emoji16]

The new sky q box has a different lnb fitted.
It won't work with your openbox.
You need a hybrid lnb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The new sky q box has a different lnb fitted.
It won't work with your openbox.
You need a hybrid lnb.

I do not want to use my Sky Q along side with the OpenBox, I want to use the OpenBox alone. If so will I still require to buy at Hybrid LNB?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yes.sly will have fitted a new lnb when they installed your Skyq.
It will not be compatible with your openbox.

Yes.sly will have fitted a new lnb when they installed your Skyq.
It will not be compatible with your openbox.

So I'm going to be ordering the Hybrid LNB tomorrow, can you let me know what is the procedure. Will I just have to remove the old one and connect the new one and which slots will have to put the 2 cables in as there are 6. Do I need to be getting anything else?

I am not 100% on this but I think the new lnb would replace the
Old one like for like.i think you have 2 wideband for skyq and the rest standard.

Last edited:
I am not 100% on this but I think the new lnb would replace the
Old one like for like.i think you have 2 wideband for skyq and the rest standard.

I just installed the new LNB and tested it with the Sky Q and it is working fine though with the Openbox I am getting 0% signal 0% quality, any help?

How many cables have you got coming from the lnb?
Have you connected them correctly?
2 skyq to wideband connections
1 openbox standard connection.

Back