Help with my zgemma h9s.

davexxxx

Hello folks,
I recently had a spiderbox which served me well for 9 years. Unfortunately it recently give up the ghost.
Anyhow I have now invested in a ZGEMMA H9S stb. I'm looking for a bit of help with it, as I've had it now for a couple of weeks,
and still haven't been able to watch what I want on it.
My problem is I'm struggling to add Oscam to it. I've tried loads of times, and every time I do,
I get an error message in softcam manager saying: No Config Files Found; Please set up Oscam in/etc/tuxbox/config.
I've not been able to find etc/tuxbox/config on my box anywhere. I have a life time subscription,
which again I've not had a chance to use due to my issue. I have just invested in another Oscam sever for a month.
Just in case my other server was corrupt or something. I have used satpimps own concierge to the letter to do this, it says its sent to box, but the box says its not, but its the same every time.
It also freezes up after I have tried to add an oscam, and I have to do a factory reset to get it to work again.
Otherwise nothing works, it won't even turn off unless I unplug it.
Okay, that's my problem, and I would be extremely grateful for any help or assistance on this subject.
Many thanks.
davexxxx.

What image/build are you using on the new zgemma?
vix? openatv? wooshbuild? grogbuild?
What appears on screen when you turn it on?
Are you using it for sat? cable? iptv? all three?

H'i pabloescaban,
Thanks for replying to my post.
When I turn my box on it starts with openvix, so I take it its vix.
As for usage, 95% will be for satellite, I have a motorised dish, although I might add IPTV at a later date, I have IPTV on a differant box.
I used to have a spiderbox, which I understood, and new it pretty much inside out. Unfortunately, I am very much a newbie to this box, and almost everything on it is alien to me. I'm not computer illiterate, but I'm not an expert either. So if you could please explain anything to me in layman's terms I will very much appreciate it.

Best way to check image is:
Menu, Information, About

The bootlogo is not a reliable method.

Install oscam from the plugin server
Menu , plugins, green(download), softcams

Openvix do not have configs included. If you go on willows site, he has them uploaded. You can FTP them over

H'i pabloescaban,
Thanks for replying to my post.
When I turn my box on it starts with openvix, so I take it its vix.
As for usage, 95% will be for satellite, I have a motorised dish, although I might add IPTV at a later date, I have IPTV on a differant box.
I used to have a spiderbox, which I understood, and new it pretty much inside out. Unfortunately, I am very much a newbie to this box, and almost everything on it is alien to me. I'm not computer illiterate, but I'm not an expert either. So if you could please explain anything to me in layman's terms I will very much appreciate it.

I see, Vix is not my cup of tea, more an openatv man myself so not 100% sure of the workings of that build, although it's not very different.
it looks like you need the softcams installing, use these attached to his post and see how you get on, if not one of the openvix chaps, @Willo3092 @Abu Baniaz @dsayers2014 will be along tomorow to give you more advice, I've tagged them here so that they see this post as I'm not sure what the solution is:

Attachments

• Oscam Config Files.rar
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
Best way to check image is:
Menu, Information, About

The bootlogo is not a reliable method.

Install oscam from the plugin server
Menu , plugins, green(download), softcams

Openvix do not have configs included. If you go on willows site, he has them uploaded. You can FTP them over

H'i Abu,
I take it you've read my thread.
What I need is for someone to guide me through the set up from start to finish, just to make sure what I've done is correct, and tell me which is best openvix, or ATV, Show me how to get it, as I'm running openvix at the moment. Then tell me how to add my clines (oscam) to my box. As I said I'm not computer illiterate, but I'm far from an expert. I need to be told in basic layman's terms. I do hope you can help me Abu, as I've had this box now a couple of weeks now, and haven't watched what I purchased it for. Again I would really appreciate your help with this, and beginning to lose the will to live. Thanks.
davexxxx.

press menu>information>about

what version is running?

press exit once
click network

this will show your box ip address, begins 192.168.

you can use this address to send/retrieve files in/out of the box by using filezilla
download it from: Download FileZilla Client for Windows (64bit)
open filezilla on your computer/laptop and type in the zgemma ip address in 'host'
type root in username and click 'quick connect'..it may come up with a few questions about passowrds etc, just click ok and you won't see them again.

you'll see zgemma's folders open on right hand side, you can drag and drop files from your laptop/pc into the zgemma from here

press menu>information>about

what version is running?

press exit once
click network

this will show your box ip address, begins 192.168.

you can use this address to send/retrieve files in/out of the box by using filezilla
download it from: Download FileZilla Client for Windows (64bit)
open filezilla on your computer/laptop and type in the zgemma ip address in 'host'
type root in username and click 'quick connect'..it may come up with a few questions about passowrds etc, just click ok and you won't see them again.

you'll see zgemma's folders open on right hand side, you can drag and drop files from your laptop/pc into the zgemma from here
Thanks for that pabloescaban, that sounds really helpful, I'll give it a try.

Every image has its pros and cons. Ultimately, it is for you to decide which you prefer most/dislike least.

You need to treat each aspect of setting up your receiver separately. As an example, installing softcam, configuring server connection and starting the softcam are three separate processes.

There are plenty of threads detailing what to do. Just search for the exact task you are attempting to complete

Try willobuild that runs of vix has softcam feeds pre installed on image mine did when willo flashed my box and sent it to me and oscam so maybe a lot easier for you it has a detailed guide aswell or just follow guidance from Pablo and Abu can't go wrong if you take in what, these members are saying mate

Menu setup information network add your
Ip address password root quick connect
You should be good to go

If using c lines, they can be used in CCcam.cfg which is is in etc folder, paste them all in, delete ant text in.there first, then close the file.
Then use CCcam2.3.2 softcam to view channels

If using c lines, they can be used in CCcam.cfg which is is in etc folder, paste them all in, delete ant text in.there first, then close the file.
Then use CCcam2.3.2 softcam to view channels
Sorry pablo. I don't quite understand. I've got two lots of clines which are both oscam servers. One is a life time package which has 7 clines, and the other is just one do they go in the same CCcam.cfg as well as CCcam clines, or do they go somewhere else. Also I'm not sure what you mean when you said paste them all in, then delete, and then text them in there first, then close the file.
Again, when you said to "use CCcam2.3.2 softcam to view channels" Where will I that on my box.
I'm so sorry for so many questions, but I am new to this, and I am really trying, but I'm finding it a bit confusing. I must have tried at least a dozen times to add oscam to my box with the same results. Thats why I have two different oscam servers, I purchased the one month one in case my life time one was corrupt or something. Thanks for being patient with me pablo, I do appreciate your help on this.

Back