Help with service searching issues.

mickyp74

Hi. I'm in need of help please.
I have a zgemma h2s running atv 6.3.
It was running wooshbuild infinity until yesterday.
The box froze and I haven't been able to get a signal since.
Service searching shows 0 channels found.
My initial thought was dish has moved due to the high winds the other day so I got my old sky+ box out and plugged in to make sure. When it boots I get all the freeview channels as normal so I'm guessing the issue isn't the dish or cables.
Next I figured the tuner on the zgemma is bust.
I grabbed an old h2s, plugged in booted up and again no signal.. Service searching = no channels found.
I'm lost on this now. Any help would be appreciated.
Tuner A: BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Single
28.2e

Tuner B: AVL6211 (DVB-S2)
Single
28.2e

Tuner A: frequency 11836
Symbol rate 27500

I'm confused why both zgemma boxes won't pick up channels where as the sky+ box will.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I would be checking both tuners for signal quality as people were always confused in what one is in use and what is disabled.
Its not a sky Q box you have is it.

Set your tuners like this

Config Mode - simple
Mode - single
Satelite - 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Send DiSEqC - No

You dont need the

Tuner A: frequency 11836
Symbol rate 27500

You have in your config

Cactikid... It's a sky+ HD box. At least 5 years old or more. Signal strength on sky box is 9/10 full. On both zgemma boxes signal strength shows zero.

Fez1.. They are both set to simple and still nothing. That's the freq it shows in manual scan. If I do auto scan it's same result.

Tuners soak up a lot of power so linesman may have a point a weak psu wont power the tuners correctly. It does seem a likely cause as 2 zgemmas with the same problem.

I would of suggested the LNB is dead but you have confirmed it not as the Sly box works on it.

And you also tried the power supply of second box,thought they failed with red light and failure to boot issue.
But worth a try.

Update....
@linesman66, you answer is correct. It was indeed the power supply. Found my other psu for second box. Tried that and it found all channels.
Thanks for everyones help on this issue.

Back