Help with setting up Edison combi box please!!!

hdoggy

Hi

Please can anyone help me setup my Edison combi box, I'm only trying to set up tuner B for cable not bothered about sat, I've followed Bees' tutorial numerous times only thing I'm not doing is choosing provider order as that option is not there but thought that would be because I'm not using both tuners, I have an active virgin line in the official box at the moment and that works fine so beginning to think I have a faulty box. It seems to try to scan then goes back to menu screen. Live in South Yorkshire trying net ID 40964 & symbol rate 6952 but have tried numerous others, any help greatly appreciated!!

IMG_2197.jpg
IMG_2198.jpg
IMG_2199.jpg
IMG_2200.jpg
IMG_2201.jpg
IMG_2202.jpg
IMG_2203.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg
IMG_2205.jpg
IMG_2206.jpg
IMG_2207.jpg

on the service scan try changing the " used service scan type " not sure what the other types are as been a while since ive looked

hope this helps

Thanks for your replies... The used service scan change didn't do anything and the tv button does nothing either I'm afraid!

stupid question but did virgin take the 2 way spliter out?
just asking coz they did that to me when they removed the 2nd virgn box

ok you have a vm box get correct net id and info off that and use in the edison =0channels means wrong info entered or no live cable feed inserted.

Thanks how do I get the net ID from the virgin box is it in a menu somewhere? Still have the splitter in and have a current virgin subscription due to run out soon so the feed works fine.
Cheers

Ok so I have my net Id and its 40962 not the one above, I can't find any info for symbol rate tho, and I've tried previous ones from the Net Id list and its still no. The feed deffo works as I'm literally pulling it out of a working virgin box and putting it into the Edison with an adapter on. Losing the plot just wanna watch some footy without paying an extra 30 quid a bloody month!!

Symbol rate is either 6952 or 6887 there are only two

Just try each in turn it wont do any harm

Thanks bees's, I've just tried both and it's still a no I'm afraid, does the fact I have another virgin box upstairs affect anything in anyway can that block this box?

does the fact I have another virgin box upstairs affect anything in anyway can that block this box?

Shouldn't do, so if the net id is deffo correct, and it probably is if you got it from an official box,
and your feed is deffo live, you are left with the possibility of a faulty tuner.

You may need to send it back and have them check it out.

What appears after the scan ? Does it say no channels found ?

If you press 1 then let the box switch to the channel, then EPG do you have any channels listed ?

You will only be able to see a couple of SD channels like BBC 1 and ITV the rest should be a blank screen.

Back