Help with ZGemma 2s

lilolme

Hi all

Is there anyone who can sort a line out please for the above box? Previously someone sorted mine out remotely for me as I'm not good with technology! It's for my Mum's Zgemma - it was working fine and is now only reaching 49 when rebooted.

Thanks

Lilolme

Was your satellite signal good before the reciever stuck in boot loop The reason I ask?
A faulty power adaptor can result in no power supply to your satellite tunners causing no signal

Yea, I removed my post as your post seems to be a valid thing to rule out first. :)

Last edited:
Seriously upgrade the box or get a firestick mum will be over the moon. The 2s is really past its sell by date now.

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies.

I have no idea what has caused mum's Z Gemma to go on the blink, however, I have tried my power supply from my Z Gemma and this makes no difference it's still counts up to 49 and then goes no further.

Unfortunately, my Z Gemma was working fine and now boots up right to 100 but displays the music screen and I am unable, even though my remotes are fully working, to change this back to the TV mode as it's simply turns off when I attempt to do this.

I think it is is time to upgrade to better boxes with the lines/gifts already on them. :grin:

Please could I have suggestions as to which boxes are better and where to purchase them from please with the lines already loaded.

Thanks in advance.

Lilolme

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies.

I have no idea what has caused mum's Z Gemma to go on the blink, however, I have tried my power supply from my Z Gemma and this makes no difference it's still counts up to 49 and then goes no further.

Unfortunately, my Z Gemma was working fine and now boots up right to 100 but displays the music screen and I am unable, even though my remotes are fully working, to change this back to the TV mode as it's simply turns off when I attempt to do this.

I think it is is time to upgrade to better boxes with the lines/gifts already on them. :grin:

Please could I have suggestions as to which boxes are better and where to purchase them from please with the lines already loaded.

Thanks in advance.

Lilolme

Good box going here

Available - Octagon SF4008 4K For Sale

Seriously upgrade the box or get a firestick mum will be over the moon. The 2s is really past its sell by date now.
Hi Moshibeth. Thanks for your reply but Mum needs to be able to record programmes and at the minute she has an external hard drive that she is able how to record programmes on from her Z Gemma..... Well.... Before it went wrong!

Hi Moshibeth. Thanks for your reply but Mum needs to be able to record programmes and at the minute she has an external hard drive that she is able how to record programmes on from her Z Gemma..... Well.... Before it went wrong!
I have 2 x zgemma 2s sat in my sideboard would not give them away. Are you still using c/s lines then on 28e

Are the boxes being used for Freesat?
There's no 'lines' for satellite now, all premium channels went off six years ago and even if you did find a line, there's very little works for past few years.
What channels did you have before it went off?

Could I ask - is the Zgemma H9S SE any good?

I have found one for sale and it has the following on the ad:-

Zgemma H9S SE 4K UHD 1x DVB-S2X - Android / Enigma2 - WIFI

FEATURES:-

Linux + Android Dual System
ARM processor with 1500MHz Quad-core CPU
Hi3798MV200 Main chipset
More than 4.10x linux kernel
DVB-S2X+DVB-S2X twin tuner built-in
Support 4K- 2160p
16GB EMMC FLASH / 1GB DDR3 Memory
1x Smart Card
WIFI 300MHZ Built-in
SD card (TF card) for recording, 8GB, 64GB, 128GB (optional)
1 x USB2.0
1x HDMI 2.0
MPEG-2 / H.264 and H.265 Hardware Decoding
HEVC / H.265 2160p60 Main-10 multi-format decoder

SPECIFICATION​

10/100 Mbit Ethernet Interface
Multimedia plug-in supported
Advanced EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
User-friendly linux Menu system
Full automatic service scan
Various OSD skins supported
Various Channel Editing Programs
Easy and fast software-upgrade via USB
Low deep-standby power consumption under 1 W
Parental Control
Plugin Service
Excellent sound quality in Dolby Digital
OSD into many languages and graphics (Skins)
Web interface, WEB Remote control
DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 and USALS

Will I automtically get Sly channels on this? Apologies for all the questions but all this spec means nothing to me!

Thanks

Could I ask - is the Zgemma H9S SE any good?

I have found one for sale and it has the following on the ad:-

Zgemma H9S SE 4K UHD 1x DVB-S2X - Android / Enigma2 - WIFI

FEATURES:-

Linux + Android Dual System​

ARM processor with 1500MHz Quad-core CPU​

Hi3798MV200 Main chipset​

More than 4.10x linux kernel​

DVB-S2X+DVB-S2X twin tuner built-in​

Support 4K- 2160p​

16GB EMMC FLASH / 1GB DDR3 Memory​

1x Smart Card​

WIFI 300MHZ Built-in​

SD card (TF card) for recording, 8GB, 64GB, 128GB (optional)​

1 x USB2.0​

1x HDMI 2.0​

MPEG-2 / H.264 and H.265 Hardware Decoding​

HEVC / H.265 2160p60 Main-10 multi-format decoder​

SPECIFICATION​

10/100 Mbit Ethernet Interface
Multimedia plug-in supported
Advanced EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
User-friendly linux Menu system
Full automatic service scan
Various OSD skins supported
Various Channel Editing Programs
Easy and fast software-upgrade via USB
Low deep-standby power consumption under 1 W
Parental Control
Plugin Service
Excellent sound quality in Dolby Digital
OSD into many languages and graphics (Skins)
Web interface, WEB Remote control
DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 and USALS

Will I automtically get Sly channels on this? Apologies for all the questions but all this spec means nothing to me!

Thanks
Would be fine on the sat side for the Free channels but dont expect anything really on the adroid side.

You say Sly channels ! Anything sky branded Sky1 Sky Movies, Sky Sports etc is no longer on on satellite. Best way to view those is via IPTV and id purchase a dedicated adroid box for that.

Would be fine on the sat side for the Free channels but dont expect anything really on the adroid side.

You say Sly channels ! Anything sky branded Sky1 Sky Movies, Sky Sports etc is no longer on on satellite. Best way to view those is via IPTV and id purchase a dedicated adroid box for that.
Hi Ferret - thanks for your reply. The box I have at the minute (when it was working!) had Sly channels on it. So if I purchase a box with IPTV on it I can record programmes and get Sky channels in addition to the normal channels?

Thanks

Ok so as said no sly channels open now via satellite.

You need IPTv and while a Zgemma box will work with IPTV you have more options using a Android box and then buying a sub by asking in the IPTV server request thread on here.

A Firestick will give you the Sky channels not good for recording though realistically, but if you are not worried about price an Amiko A6 or a Formuler ZX8/10 will give you a better IPTV experience. Recording IPTV can be hit and miss you need 2 connections but recording is more reliable via an Adroid box than a sat box.

Hi Ferret - thanks for your reply. The box I have at the minute (when it was working!) had Sly channels on it. So if I purchase a box with IPTV on it I can record programmes and get Sky channels in addition to the normal channels?

Thanks
If it had Sky channels on it you were already using an IPTV line
There's been no Sky channels on satellite since 2016.
When you say Sky channels, you don't mean UK Gold and Dmax etc? These are Freesat channels, any Sky sports or Sky movies channels are only available via IPTV

If it had Sky channels on it you were already using an IPTV line
There's been no Sky channels on satellite since 2016.
When you say Sky channels, you don't mean UK Gold and Dmax etc? These are Freesat channels, any Sky sports or Sky movies channels are only available via IPTV
Since when has UK Gold been freesat channel not on my box, as for sky channels they may not be branded sky but he may be referring to discovery , animal planet uk gold and a few more that you can still get via c/s line even though they are not stable.

Back