HELP! Zgemma H2S will not boot - Red light only

Looking for some help.

My Zgemma H2S will not boot.

It is stuck on the red light (Standby). Nothing is shown on the front panel.

I have tried the following:

1. Done a low level format of the Kingston USB (32gb)

2. Made sure the USB is in FAT32 format.

3. Downloaded the latest whooshbuild image

4. Unplugged the zgemma h2s box (overnight).

5. Did a cold restart.

6. Still only the red light shows.

7. BOX ABOUT TO GO IN THE BIN!!!!

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, if you have NO display at all, it points to a hardware problem, hopefully it may just be the PSU as has been stated in other posts. If you can get your hands on a known working PSU then just try that.

The box will NOT flash if only red light shows.

I had one box in this condition and it required a hardware repair unfortunately.

Thanks sparkrite, I've just checked and mine is still under warranty. So I'll send it back and get it fixed.

Cheers

Like I said to you earlier and now Darkavenger89 try a small usb. As an ex reseller I have flashed and reflashed a lot zgemma boxes and I have never found one that can not be flashed or reflashed yet.

Like I said to you earlier and now Darkavenger89 try a small usb. As an ex reseller I have flashed and reflashed a lot zgemma boxes and I have never found one that can not be flashed or reflashed yet.
I'm sure you have and all them showed either "boot" / "updt" or "flsh" in the LED display, here the OP has stated that he has NO display.
If that is indeed the case, it cannot be flashed as it is not even going past the boot sequence, unless it is just the display faulty.

I have reflashed boxes with just the red light on, so I believe this is not a dead box.

I have also flashed boxes with just a red light. Send it to me and i will prove it's not broke. Try a new usb 32gb is to big

My mother in laws box was stuck with red light on i managed to flash it using 8gig memory stick it is possible just takes time and patience they thought it was no good and I told them I would try and sort it and managed to do it but they didn't have problem with display

Hi sorry not sure if I'm on the right page but my zgemma hs2 box is only showing 1 channel the remote when pressed does not navigate up down neither can I get the menu button to work it comes up we an X meaning I'm pressing wrong button anyone know what is goin on I've turned off the box to reboot still no luck

Hi sorry not sure if I'm on the right page but my zgemma hs2 box is only showing 1 channel the remote when pressed does not navigate up down neither can I get the menu button to work it comes up we an X meaning I'm pressing wrong button anyone know what is goin on I've turned off the box to reboot still no luck

is there a button on the remote that is stuck in?

turn the box off at the socket, leave it for a minute and power back on, any difference?

what build are you using?

My mother in laws box was stuck with red light on i managed to flash it using 8gig memory stick it is possible just takes time and patience they thought it was no good and I told them I would try and sort it and managed to do it but they didn't have problem with display

And there in lies the difference, the OP states he has no LED display.

The following is assuming NO hardware problems at all, including NO PSU problem.

When the Zgemma is powered up it first runs a preloader routine which among other things, after checking the integrity of EEprom/NVram initiates the LED display, then the USB ports are checked for a flashable Bootloader image, (if found,displays "UPDT" ) and then calls the Bootloader routine (displays "BOOT"), this checks for a firmware/build update (if found, displays "FLSH" ), if not found continues to load the firmware.

Look at it this way, like in the PC world :-

Preloader = CMOS (preloader cannot be flashed but can be Jtagged)

Bootloader = Bios (can be flashed, but is NOT part of the firmware/build flash)

Firmware/Build = OS such as Win 10 etc.

So to sum up, what is generally referred to as a re-flash, within these threads, is the Firmware/Build re-flash and as the bootloader image is not within these flash files it follows that it does not get reflashed/repaired.

If either the preloader or the bootloader become corrupt they must be repaired before a successful Firmware/Build flash.

As I said in my first post, in this thread, a common problem causing red light/no display is a faulty PSU which intermittently may allow a successful firmware flash and appear as if the problem has been rectified but no doubt will raise its ugly head again.
If you think about it logically, a raw machine, with no build on it will sit there displaying "BOOT" ad-infinitum until you flash some firmware on it. If its not even getting that far then the problem is not within the firmware, so a simple re-flash will not fix it, or at least not permanently.

The above is just my understanding of the hardware/firmware setup within zGemma and is based on, what little I may know about them, but also 40years experience within the electronics industry. As always I am open to correction, but please back it up with logical reasoning and not just something like, "Well it worked for me" etc.

Cheers.

If the op has still got the receipt then I would ring them and ask for a replacement if it's not showing display but then again they might say it's repairable

is there a button on the remote that is stuck in?

turn the box off at the socket, leave it for a minute and power back on, any difference?

what build are you using?
Sorry for late reply just got free no button stuck on remote tried turning off box still no difference only working on last channel I watched not sure bout build but it loads up as ipab tv

What about reflashing it see if that makes a difference if you use iptv make sure you've got all your details same with if you have C/S line have you tried using webwif on computer if you know boxes ip address see if you can change channel that way

I'm one of the people who needs the 'ideots' instructions just bought the box with everything supposedly on it does load up with the ipab tv logo after rebooting stays on one channel wen I try to change channel it shows 0001 then wen I try to go up or down display goes to 0101

I had the same problem; My H2s box was displaying "boot" on two separate mornings after going to watch the television (the first time i managed to get it started). I eventually took the advice from this post and swapped the power supply unit for that of an old F5s box. The H2s box immediately booted and has been working fine since. However, the F5s PSU is only 12 V 2 Amperes whilst the old H2s PSU was 12V 3 Amperes. I am going to look on ebay for the correct replacement PSU for the H2s. Thanks for all of the positive comments that have helped fix this.

Hi I’ve just joined this site, I want to get rid of sky, but use the same twin coax cable and say an Ethernet to my router.
Would a zgemma box replace my sky + box? Would I still be able to record one channel whilst watching another.
If this is possible what model box would I need and where would I get it?
Also could you recommend a good iptv subscription service?
Cheers

I use A Zgemma H2s for exactly this, the twin coax allows me to view all of the FREE satellite channels whilst keeping other features such as pausing live TV, recording TV etc. I also have an ethernet cable connected, and a subscription to an IPTV service for video on demand and premium channels. It`s against the rules to discuss providers but i am sure someone will inbox you.

Back