PS3 Hen & Multiman installed on a slim PS3 & accessing PSN

dazbon

OK so after sooo long with the old PS3 just being a dust collector finally decided to do something with it. Hen on & working & then installed Multiman & updated within app to latest version. All working & allowing so much more access & functionality. Have set-up a second user account etc as advised but no access to PSN (Error code 80710016). Not sure if it is the VPN IP that Sony doesn't like but wondering if anyone has tried the Technitium app that spoof's your mac address & could bypass Sony block?
Not really that bothered about the PSN to be honest & looking at some of the old games & getting them installed as .pkg files along with the .rap files (which I believe is license that needs to go in to exdata folder).
The other plus is the Movian app with the enigma 2 plugin which will allow you to view tv in another room via your PS3.

I know psnpatch was a way to bypass blocks to go online.

But it is advised not to bother with psn as they will block your console id meaning your console will permanently be banned.

Ps3 online still works btw?

I know psnpatch was a way to bypass blocks to go online.

But it is advised not to bother with psn as they will block your console id meaning your console will permanently be banned.

Ps3 online still works btw?
Cheers Bud, yeah doubt I'll bother but all the old games are playing fine. Description said EU, which turned out to be German, so not sure if you can change language of the in game instructions somehow & I am guessing not. Thought that most would be English (silly me) but my German not too bad & good to brush-up on it.
Thought that the way the block works that it would possibly be against the Mac address & it could work but doubt I will bother, had heard of psnpatch but enjoying finding my way around Multiman & digging around in the root. Appreciate the help & advice & to be honest should have done all this a lot sooner, but then lockdown does mean I have more time to fiddle!

You can use retroarch for old games but depending on format think ISO is main one used for old ones which you can mount with MM or webman as that is what is used for playing games. Multi man and web man best ones, tbh so much homebrew and said this before but amazing how open PS3 is even compared to PS4, get both different but PS4 no where near able to do what you can on PS3.

Me personally doubt will play old retro/arcade games any time soon be with older consoles have or via emulators just not enough time sadly which does bug me lol. Also so many PS3 games to go through so many amazing ones not gone through and then PS4 if ever get that lol.

No mate spoken to few devs on one of the scene forums and they said no matter what you do eventually Sony clock on and block your console id not just your PSN. Again be surprised if many servers live to go online with ps3 now.

MAte despite being so old love my ps3 due it being fully jailbroken and dont care about PS4 or even PS5 all about PS3 for me lol.

Back