Henrik Larsson happy coaching in Sweden

noelyf

VIP Member
_47836849_larsson_coach_466b_getty.jpg
Larsson celebrates a goal scored by his team Landskrona BoIS

Henrik Larsson has refused to be drawn on a possible future return to Celtic in a managerial capacity.

The club favourite is in the early stages of his coaching career with Swedish side Landskrona BoIS.

"Celtic will always have a place in my heart. At the moment Neil Lennon and Johann Mjallby are there and it's their job," he told BBC Radio Scotland.

"What the future will bring I don't know. I could speculate but I don't think it would be a good thing to do."

In an interview for Chick Young's World of Football to be broadcast on Radio Scotland on Thursday, Larsson said that he is still finding his feet as a manager at the Swedish second tier club, but indicated that he has ambitions to test himself at a higher level.

"I'm starting out at Landskrona. When I used to play, I said the next game is the most important one and it's the same as the gaffer. I'll see where it takes me," said the 38-year-old Swede.

"I have an ambition to be as good as I can be as a coach. Time will tell. I have ambitions, I have dreams. If I even get close to what I was as a player, I would be happy.

"I thoroughly enjoy it and I am happy to be here.

"We're in the second league and we're doing OK. The leader is on 13 points and we're on eight points."

Interim managers Lennon and assistant Mjallby, former team-mates of Larsson's, staked their claim to be in charge of Celtic next season with eight consecutive Scottish Premier League wins to end an otherwise disappointing campaign.

_47836850_larsson_uefa_226b_sns.jpg

Larsson told BBC Scotland's football pundit Chick Young that he had "a fantastic time in Glasgow" but thought it best not to comment on a return to Celtic at some stage, quipping: "I know how these things work - I lived in Glasgow for seven years."

The 2001 European Golden Shoe winner did reveal that he has been turning to former Celtic assistant manager Murdo MacLeod for occasional advice.

He said: "I've been talking to Murdo. He's good. I enjoyed him when he was working at Celtic and I still stay in touch with him."

Reflecting on his time at Celtic, Larsson admitted that he still finds it hard to talk about the 3-2 defeat by Porto in the Uefa Cup final in Seville in 2003, a match in which he scored twice.

"I still sometimes dream about that game, thinking that we won it, but obviously that's not the case," he said.

"Being with Celtic for so long and playing in the Uefa Cup so many times and going out of the Uefa Cup a few times with Celtic, to finally go all the way...

"If you score twice in the final you are supposed to win, but it wasn't to be.

"I still get goose bumps when I talk about that game. I feel we should have won it."

BBC Football

methinks the King Henrik was the one of the best players Glasgow Celtic ever played. wonder if he could revive the hoops to their former glory.........In my dreams. ty for this post Noelyf

methinks the King Henrik was the one of the best players Glasgow Celtic ever played. wonder if he could revive the hoops to their former glory............As the new manager i mean. In my dreams. ty for this post Noelyf

Back