Windows 8 Here’s Why Windows 8 Will Boot Much Faster than Windows 7

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
sshot4e69c06edee7b.jpg

If there’s one thing that drives geeks crazy, it’s a slow-booting system. That’s why for Windows 8, Microsoft went back to the drawing board to redesign the boot process for speed.

What they came up with was a hybrid of cold booting and hibernate mode – essentially the internal Windows processes use hibernate all the time, but the drivers start up like they would on a cold boot. The difference looks something like this:

sshot4e69c238a9767.jpg

Delivering Fast Boot Times in Windows 8 [MSDN]

-

about time they did something about loading faster, windows vista and 7 are sometimes a nightmare when loading up

My Windows 7 loads up pretty quickly on my HP G62 laptop. :)

I'm a total nerd when it comes to maintenance. The only startup programs I have running is some core window processes and my Antivirus/Graphics utility.

Maybe we should open a Windows 8 section in the OS section?

Win 8 related stuff will be more active from now on and it would be better to have all Win 8 related stuff together.

Dont know wether to thank or like for that one Gman as no one has win 8 yet or have you got the computer running so fast it has travelled thru time into the future,next year at least

Dont know wether to thank or like for that one Gman as no one has win 8 yet or have you got the computer running so fast it has travelled thru time into the future,next year at least

Beta testing parts of..... ;)

What is this "Start up delay" of which you speak?
My Mac has been switched on 24/7 for about 9 months now. I do a restart every week or so but I do it as I finish using my computer, not as I start work. This way my computer is ready to go when I am.
And if you look to the left, my other gizmo doesn't take over 2 seconds to fire up to full speed, lol

Back