High data usage on my laptop

bazmc

Hi

Just as from today my internet usage is is going really high. I never noticed this before and ive done a virus scan and showed up nothing. Since this morning ive used 10gb of my 50gb allowance. I had all internet windows closed and if I hover my mouse over my internet connection its clocking up all the time, its about 1gb in a hour. Ive never seen this before. If I turn off wifi on the laptop the data usage stops so it's an issue with the pc.
How do I check whats eating up my allowance?

Do you use torrents? If so knock off that program.
Find out what else is running, stop them one by one and you'll have your culprit.
What operating system are you running?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I use BitTorrent,and I've turned it off by closing down the program. If I do control alt and delete and use task manager I've no programs running. Is there any other way of knowing what is running?
It's running on windows 8

It wouldn't be trying to get the free windows 10 update, would it??

It wouldn't be trying to get the free windows 10 update, would it??

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. Although its probably not as im sure the windows 10 upgrade is only about 3GB.

I'd definitely point the finger at some kind of malware. Download and scan your system using malwarebytes. Most virus protectors don't pick up malware so its a good idea to keep malwarebytes installed for future use....

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.0 - FileHippo.com

Back