High tech cars with keyless fob warning!

I might also suggest to get a tracker fitted as an extra for cars ,as a m8 had his stolen and was found in a lock up.

you can get a ghost system for them now, which blocks and and puts a unlock code on the car too start them with a button sequence, so even if they get the car open they cant start it through the peps system without entering the button comb inside the car

Ahh just like the transporter needed to start that car.
kind of , majority of cars run a radio freq of 431mhz on a key fob, passive entry push start(peps) or keyless entry as its also know as , the device they is a frequency scanner so it scrolls from 0-900+mhz until it locks onto the freq for the key then they can use that on the hand held device too take the car as the car thinks it is the key fob, but the ghost system will still unlock the car the car but YOU as the owner of said car will have a button combo inside the car to press, say for instance, right indicator on, rear fog lamp on, front fog lamp on, main beam on, then it will let you start the car with the the normal keyfob, so if they don't know the combo for starting the car they wont get it away

The high end car criminals just break into your house and steal the keys. Four people in my road have had this happen within the last 3 months. I lost 2 cars a few years ago and they both had trackers fitted.The best thing is to remove something like the starter relay and then at least they can't get it started.

This has been a known problem for a while, I think Jeremy Clarkson first ridiculed it on too gear, or grand tour, when he stole Hammond's Mustang. Think back then it would only travel so far with out the key in the car, where as I believe some cars only need the key signal to start the car.

Good excuse to remap so that you can disable the accelerator using a plug in switch

Back