History Lesson

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have a history teacher explain this ----- if they can.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights. Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday. Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy. Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners. Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839. Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names. Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theatre named 'Ford.' Kennedy was shot in a car called 'Lincoln' made by 'Ford.'

Lincoln was shot in a theatre and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theatre.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here's the kicker...

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

Creepy huh? This is one history lesson people don't mind reading...

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland A week before Kennedy was shot, he was IN Marilyn Monroe.

Fixed that second last paragraph for you lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I was going to check it out myself, but then I thought, why not post it on TK and let wheelo check it for me lol

It worked..... Thanks.

Originally Posted by wheelo
Originally Posted by Gman496
A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland A week before Kennedy was shot, Marilyn Monroe had been dead for over a year
Fixed that second last paragraph for you
Fixed it again

and another one ...........................

Lincoln never had a secretary named Kennedy, Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln

These things float around the conspiracy theorist websites, and they become taken as true. in this case, I fully believe that the Gman personally fact checked every word of the original post. (He said with tongue firmly in cheek)

Well spotted Tiger.

That particular post is doing the rounds since the 60's and makes for good reading initially but, it is of course only partially true from what I could find.

Yes Marilyn Monroe died in 1962 and Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. Maybe he visited her grave lol

According to this:
Lincoln never had a secretary named Kennedy. Lincoln had two secretaries, John J. Nicolay and John M. Hay. They are pictured in the book Dear Mr. Lincoln, Letters to the President, by Harold Holzer [DML ii]. There is no mention that I have found that either of these secretaries was concerned about Mr. Lincoln's safety.

Code:
http://home.comcast.net/~MichaelADay/Presidents/AP070102.htm

Back