Home bar setup

Brucey89

Looking into turning my spare shed into a wee bar. What all do i need to have guinness and carlsberg on tap. What it as close to bar setup as possible.

Any links where i can buy it all in one place.

Looking into turning my spare shed into a wee bar. What all do i need to have guinness and carlsberg on tap. What it as close to bar setup as possible.

Be careful with Guinness because it has to be used up within 21 days of connecting a barrel.
Lager and bitter etc aren't as fussy but Guinness has a very short 'shelf life'

Be careful with Guinness because it has to be used up within 21 days of connecting a barrel.
Lager and bitter etc aren't as fussy but Guinness has a very short 'shelf life'
Thats not good. Be mainly stout i would be drinking. But thats some drinking to use it within 3 weeks lol

Hi Brucey89, look into the perfect draft system by Phillips, a company called beerhawk sell them and they do bundles aswell, i have one and i'm well stocked for Christmas, the kegs hold 6lrs / 10.5 pints.
There is a range of 40 + different kegs to choose from, i order in 3's and there's a discount code you can use from a facebook group, you return the kegs and get £5 refund / beer tokens to use on your next purchase.
The machine plugs into mains and keeps your beer at a cool 3 degree's, a lot of people use these machines for their bars, really good, and gives you the perfect draft experience.
You can buy on Amazon, Costco as well when they have them in stock, there is also The "Sub" machine - but not as much choice / selection of beer, and another machine called The Blade.
It's down to budget and preference.
I hope it's ok to post this link, this is where i got mine from Beer Hawk: Buy Beer Online | Craft Beer, Real Ale & Beer Gifts UK
You can buy kegs at some selected stores but you have to look for them - i know there are more stores up North stocking kegs than there is down south.
Here you go mate -
I really hope this helps
Best Regards & Merry Christmas

Hi Brucey89, look into the perfect draft system by Phillips, a company called beerhawk sell them and they do bundles aswell, i have one and i'm well stocked for Christmas, the kegs hold 6lrs / 10.5 pints.
There is a range of 40 + different kegs to choose from, i order in 3's and there's a discount code you can use from a facebook group, you return the kegs and get £5 refund / beer tokens to use on your next purchase.
The machine plugs into mains and keeps your beer at a cool 3 degree's, a lot of people use these machines for their bars, really good, and gives you the perfect draft experience.
You can buy on Amazon, Costco as well when they have them in stock, there is also The "Sub" machine - but not as much choice / selection of beer, and another machine called The Blade.
It's down to budget and preference.
I hope it's ok to post this link, this is where i got mine from Beer Hawk: Buy Beer Online | Craft Beer, Real Ale & Beer Gifts UK
You can buy kegs at some selected stores but you have to look for them - i know there are more stores up North stocking kegs than there is down south.
Here you go mate -
I really hope this helps
Best Regards & Merry Christmas
All out of stock at moment I manged to get one just before they sold out and imo better than a pub pint only downfall is don't know when to stop pmsl I have the budweiser kegs and get a fiver off each time.
If invest in one maybe wise investing in a seperate fridge to put a keg in so it's already cold when needing to change

All out of stock at moment I manged to get one just before they sold out and imo better than a pub pint only downfall is don't know when to stop pmsl I have the budweiser kegs and get a fiver off each time.
If invest in one maybe wise investing in a seperate fridge to put a keg in so it's already cold when needing to change
Baz, me and my son couldn't get on with the Bud, but the leffe and Stella are banging! Stella dosent taste like it does in the UK off Draught, cans or bottles, i really didn't think I'd enjoy it off the Perfect Draft, but boy o boy it is a lovely drink and dosent give me a hangover! I always have one keg in the machine with another chilling in my fridge ready to put on , also I know we are experiencing difficulties with ports and ferry's etc at the moment but have read that Amazon Germany & Amazon France were delivering into UK super quick, only issue there was they came with eu plug, so was recommended to purchase an adapter to convert plug into a UK one, a great piece of kit in my opinion and we love it, had ours for about 6 months now, The Beers are really good from Beerhawk with new ones being released to wet your whistle and try

Baz, me and my son couldn't get on with the Bud, but the leffe and Stella are banging! Stella dosent taste like it does in the UK off Draught, cans or bottles, i really didn't think I'd enjoy it off the Perfect Draft, but boy o boy it is a lovely drink and dosent give me a hangover! I always have one keg in the machine with another chilling in my fridge ready to put on , also I know we are experiencing difficulties with ports and ferry's etc at the moment but have read that Amazon Germany & Amazon France were delivering into UK super quick, only issue there was they came with eu plug, so was recommended to purchase an adapter to convert plug into a UK one, a great piece of kit in my opinion and we love it, had ours for about 6 months now, The Beers are really good from Beerhawk with new ones being released to wet your whistle and try
I got mine before 1st lockdown lol

A lad I know in Ireland uses a blade machine and something simular to Guinness I think he will be around later so will ask him

Is there a guinness key or similar to suit these.
There's a keg recently released called Dark Arts by Magic Rock Brewery, currently out of Stock which is a stout - Description is - Magic Rock's Dark Arts which is a brand new keg conjuring flavours of liquorice, figs and blackberry alongside classic notes of coffee & Chocolate - No wonder Dark Arts has been described as a surreal stout!
Sounds nice but not yet sampled this as if yet, I reckon this would be close, I have also seen some people brewing their own, cleaning kegs out and re-filling? So it is possible but not sure the work behind doing this.

I always wanted to get a kegerator there everything you need in one unit then there is also Keg partypump beer dispenser but you need to keep the keg cold with something,unfortunately i packed in drinking long time ago,i sometimes miss it but not the moobs and beer belly.

In ireland
That could be a problem with the kegs and ordering, often wondered if there was a supply going to Ireland, that's if you were looking at the Perfect Draft Machine, I think people have them in Ireland, but not sure how ordering and returning empties would work?

Thats not good. Be mainly stout i would be drinking. But thats some drinking to use it within 3 weeks lol
Just another thought, If it's mainly Guinness you want, have you ever thought of maybe investing in the Guinness Surger? A pal of mine has one and it really does the job, I think the cans are more expensive as they are unique for the Surger but it does give you a cracking pint of Guinness.

That could be a problem with the kegs and ordering, often wondered if there was a supply going to Ireland, that's if you were looking at the Perfect Draft Machine, I think people have them in Ireland, but not sure how ordering and returning empties would work?

Live close to the north and have family there so wouldnt be an issue. Will check out the surger.

Back