Home Networking Problems

I have BT Smart Hub however at furthest part of house was we were getting problems with wireless dropping off, this part of house was extension so I guess has thicker walls.

Anyway I contacted BT and the sent out some BT Mini Connectors, I plugged in and paired these up and work ok but at furthest rooms again having problems, the data drops off and TV freezes, this happens every 10 mins or so. I plugged one in kitchen (closest room) with long ethernet to TV box and works fine no freezing at all, also have same problem with room above (daughters bedroom).

I'm not sure what could be causing it, would better network plugs likely fix it? Better Router? Any other solutions? Its working fine now but obviously dont want an ethernet running from my kitchen long term?

Had some of these when with BT and had same issues they seem to go to sleep after 15 mins and need constant resetting, they will drop out in middle of a stream and refuse to connect and will even assign an IP address already used by another device. I did try a netgear router which improved things a bit but didn't solve things completely. My solution was rather drastic and involved chasing out channels in walls and running cabling everywhere followed by replastering and decorating.

Had some of these when with BT and had same issues they seem to go to sleep after 15 mins and need constant resetting, they will drop out in middle of a stream and refuse to connect and will even assign an IP address already used by another device. I did try a netgear router which improved things a bit but didn't solve things completely. My solution was rather drastic and involved chasing out channels in walls and running cabling everywhere followed by replastering and decorating.

They work perfect apart from in furthest rooms, dont know whether some better quality Solwise ones might fix the problem or not, failing that I'm due to decorate at some point anyway so may do same as what you did.

Mine was the same the ones furthest away were the ones with issues, well mainly anyway. There is also the possibility when using homeplugs of any sort that we blame the device and not the crazy mess of wiring in a ring main

Get yourself a netgear wifi extender or repeater you can also plug a ethernet cable into this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back