Homeplugs wont plug into Sky Modem, need alternative!

suttsy

TK Supporter
Afternoon All,

Have a Solo2 that was connected through the homeplugs, now looking at connecting through WFI, but unsure as doesnt assist through Network Wizard.
So, got connected to Sky Fibre broadband yesterday, upgraded from Eir.
Now after changing modems the Sky modem does not have the same size Cat5 inserts, they are smaller.
I now have a problem, I did have a pair of homeplugs connected to the Eir modem for devices in other rooms.

I'm looking for some advice please on an alternative or quick fix for homeplugs issue I'm currently experiencing.
So now, cant connect 2 devices at the moment.
Has anyone here experienced the same issue? and what was your work around?

Thanks
Suttsy

It sounds to me from reading above that your Eir Hub was ADSL, I have never been with Sky, but I am sure that their hubs will come with Ethernet Ports?

What Homeplugs are you using?
Does your new Hub have Ethernet Ports?
Does your Homeplugs have ethernet ports?
Have a look here also (it does say computer but depending on your homeplugs it will be the same principles): How to connect devices to your broadband | Sky Help | Sky.com

It sounds to me from reading above that your Eir Hub was ADSL, I have never been with Sky, but I am sure that their hubs will come with Ethernet Ports?

What Homeplugs are you using?
Does your new Hub have Ethernet Ports?
Does your Homeplugs have ethernet ports?
Have a look here also (it does say computer but depending on your homeplugs it will be the same principles): How to connect devices to your broadband | Sky Help | Sky.com
Hi Mate,

I dont know what planet I was on as I made the post.
The ethernet ports are compatible on the new hub.
Had a brain fart moment....
All sorted I'm up an running again....

Regards
Suttsy

As delboy would say what a plonker 🤣
Afternoon All,

Have a Solo2 that was connected through the homeplugs, now looking at connecting through WFI, but unsure as doesnt assist through Network Wizard.
So, got connected to Sky Fibre broadband yesterday, upgraded from Eir.
Now after changing modems the Sky modem does not have the same size Cat5 inserts, they are smaller.
I now have a problem, I did have a pair of homeplugs connected to the Eir modem for devices in other rooms.Admin,
Admin,

Please feel free to banish this post to the "Unbelieveble Jeff" section........:X3:
I'm looking for some advice please on an alternative or quick fix for homeplugs issue I'm currently experiencing.
So now, cant connect 2 devices at the moment.
Has anyone here experienced the same issue? and what was your work around?

Thanks
Suttsy

Back