Horizontal Line across TV driving me CRAZY!!

Vanns

Hi Folks

I have an annoying issue with one source on my TV, when using the satellite box zgemma h9s it has a horizontal line/lines running across as displayed in the pic attached.

All other sources are fine and display a perfect picture, but on the gemma it has lines.

no satellite connected just IPTV, and the box has been replaced but it does it on the new one aswell.

have swapped hdmi cables and sources but has made no difference, can anyone suggest what to try next?

Thanks

Attachments

• lines.jpg
    lines.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
Not tried another TV, I think something else is causing interference, can you get anything to prevent interference? Like a ground loop protector

I’m sure it’s a setting on your tv. As it’s conflicting with your box. Try another tv first. If that’s ok, then start messing about with tv settings!

Not that helpful I know, but it’ll pinpoint where the issue is.

at the moment it's just iptv i unplugged the sky dish so no sat is connected, been like that for a while
VM cable to the router > rj45 from router to the gemma > hdmi from the gemma to the Onkyo receiver

almost convinced it's the VM connection

Connect sat feed back up and go to bbc1 hd,i would also remove lan cable from zgemma to see if its through that.
If bbc1 hd on sat is perfect its not a box issue.plug lan back into box and see if it changes.
Bad splitter or bad cable issue if splitting feed,sometimes with made up cable one strand of coaxial touching centre can give issue.
Maybe you dont have a splitter or not using a cable tuner.
Also try hdmi from zgemma to tv when both units are powered off.

Just out of curiosity how near is your router to your box,
Has this maybe causing an issue. But also try and eliminate problem by trying all above suggestions.

great suggestions everyone, thank you so much!

I think the issue is resolved......

Took the hdmi out from the AV receiver and plugged it direct into the TV, have not had a line since.....

I also took all the heavy load units TV, bass and receiver and plugged them into a surge protector 10 gang extension cable, separate from the router and cable connection on a different extension in the wall socket.

Praise the lord!

So simple when i think about it

Back