Horse Racing Fancies.

Still going ahead behind closed doors for now, but I think it will end up going the same as the uk racing soon.
Yeah been confirmed Irish Racing will stay on behind closed doors I find it strange if Uk Racing is off but Irish stays on then they will be questions why did they cancel and why didn’t they cancel shall wait and see.

To much people would have been their to set everything up for couple of days festival and more chance of catching and spreading the Coronavirus smaller meetings don’t need to much people around to set up stuff. Got your bets on for today.
I'm not bothering today m8.

There is a meeting tomorrow at 1pm to discuss the Irish racing, in the wake of whats happened with the uk racing then I think it will follow suit with a suspension until May at least.

Yeah you would expect this if this goes well into may June then few trainers have said their finished unless they get financially help so am kind of expecting to lose quite a few trainers by the time racing opens up and including football their no chance getting the league finished by end of June and I can’t see many lower league teams surviving. Hopefully they can get all this under control but heard this lockdown etc could last till next year.

I am still hopeful that all the domestic and Euro football leagues and cups can start back in May and June and conclude in the first few weeks in July, then pre season can continue as normal, possibly being a bit optimistic though, watch out though when the horse racing starts back, because bookmakers will be greedy to recoup their lost revenue, so we will see some strange results, there are plenty of jockeys already on certain bookmakers payrolls as it is, but it will get worse as so said jockeys will happily take a grand bung to not try too hard on a 2/5 fav at catterick, m-rasen, whatever, it already happens now but I fear it will get worse, as things are now the smaller stables need to get a good price winner a few times a season, not only for the prize money, but also for the betting side of it by spreading bets out to land a touch, which they need to survive, I do believe this happens and the smaller yards need it to or they would cease to exist. A cousin of mine worked for the Whitaker stable in the north of England from the late 80's to the mid 90's and he can tell a few stories about things that happened while he was there and he has told me of some of them and yet I still like a punt on the horses.

Yeah hope all sports get back to normal ASAP but I doubt this when they ask league to be finished by end of June but what if a club has a few players pick up the virus they would to have self isolate the team which would be my concern with trying to start the leagues again. Yeah bookies will want to get money back and will have strange results don’t bet on short on favs so no problem for me obviously the smaller yards do have bets to get big wins and you usually see this in the markets when they have money down just be glad when you know the sport is on :tearsofjoy: what you going to do with your gambling money put it in a money bank for a rainy day:tearsofjoy:

Irish Racing to carry on behind closed doors after todays meeting, but will be monitored daily.

Least get something to bet on :tearsofjoy: Will have plenty time to study the stats , strange how all on lockdown but Irish Racing goes ahead and the greyhounds over here still on:unsure: been hearing the army will be on the street next 24-48 hours

Well least for the moment some sport to watch :tearsofjoy: The flat starts on Sunday in Ireland at Naas hopefully all been well etc stays on what you got planned to do now not much sports on

Not going to get up to much if you end up in lockdown :tearsofjoy: Their will be plenty of divorces and plenty of new babies when this comes to an end :tearsofjoy:

Dundalk on:smiley: Irish racing only one meeting a day for the next week or so but better than nothing. Already got bet sorted for tomorrow so got to make the most of before Irish racing goes.

Your right Jethro, Dundalk is more like a greyhound track, and all the horses have their turn, the prize money is shared around from week to week, its a matter of trying to figure out whos due, I used to go down regular in the summer months before it changed to all weather, there used to be some good mixed meetings, flat and national hunt, it was a good day/ night out, I have only ever been down once since its been all weather ,that was a few years ago, can still get a good day out at Down Royal though, although thats not gonna happen again for awhile yet.

is hard meeting but do have a bet depending on trainer jockey etc you kind of have to look at trainer record in certain months and will give a good guide when they do better than other months. Will have a look for jump meeting tomorrow do see a few i like but got to look at it more. Yeah don't think be any sports opening up soon at the moment their hoping to open in late April may but i just can't see this happening if this social distancing is suppose to be in place for a year so how sports can play during this i don't know.

I got a tenner double up today at it, Aerclub and Juliet rose, was gonna put Lequinto in for a treble, but didnt want to be greedy, but I put a few quid on it from the winnings of the double, some good results there today and early short price favs all came in at greater odds.

one trainer to watch out for is Joseph O'Brien in bumpers at nearly all tracks his record at Thurles from his nine runners 3 have won and 5 more placed and does have two in the race Land Jet would be the pick on jockey bookings but would not write off Goule Piatte at bigger odds jockey won 2 from 11 rides and also two placed for the trainer

Back