How do I create a Backup Image H2H

Hi all,

I have recently configured my friends Zgemma H2H and now want to copy the set up to my box, how do I create a backup to do this on a USB to flash mine

|Please help

If you are using OpenATV:

Have a USB ready with a simple textfile on it called backupstick.txt

With the box turned on and booted, put the USB in the front of the box then:
Blue button -> Complete backup -> Green button (USB)

Wait 5 minutes, job done.

OpenVix will be something the same, but I don't know for sure.

Not sure what build you have but for a h2s with wooshbuild v5 (I believe it is pretty much the same for a H2H) , it would be on the quick launch menu which is accessed by the blue button. There is a complete backup option under software management that allows you to create an image on hdd or USB.
I have never done a restore (easier just to flash the 2nd box) but I assume the restore settings option in the same menu will allow you to do this.
Other builds on OpenATV have the same menu, I'm just not sure if they are accessed the same way but you can play around with the buttons to get there.

Just remember to change the line, otherwise it'll be installed on two boxes and as soon as they both make a request it'll likely get banned.

I have added an empty file names backupstick then donr the complete backup
however it didn't create force and splash
imageversion
kernel
rootfs

will it still work if I was to add onto a new box?
or
can I add force and splash from a new same h2h firmware?
thanks

If you are using OpenATV:

Have a USB ready with a simple textfile on it called backupstick.txt

With the box turned on and booted, put the USB in the front of the box then:
Blue button -> Complete backup -> Green button (USB)

Wait 5 minutes, job done.

OpenVix will be something the same, but I don't know for sure.
I have the same set up h2h openatv 6.2 when trying to do a complete backup either hdd or usb I get this message ....Almost there ...Now building the Backup Image /bin/sh: comand not found when I look in the image its empty no backup created

When was the image flashed and last updated? There's been lots of updates to software manager. You could try a software update or in terminal in openwebif copy and paste

Code:
opkg update && opkg install p7zip-full

Only try the above when you have time to reflash incase update causes issues.

If you still get the same error copy and paste the output commands from terminal.

I update the software every week in fact did it this morning again not been able to do a backup for a while though

It's just an empty file you can create it if you want just make sure there's no extension. You can also flash via local goto flash online then backups.

Hi I have created a Backup of Grog Build Freerange to USB. However when I previously backed up my images I ended up with a Zgemma folder which I could put on any box with ease.
This back up creates a folder called "backup_openatv_zgemmah2h" inside the folder is a zipped file and it does not seem to work when I stick it in another box. Does the folder need renamed? Has anyone done a box with a backup and if so what did you do. It does not even seem to hold the same files as previous backups.
Thanks

Hi I have created a Backup of Grog Build Freerange to USB. However when I previously backed up my images I ended up with a Zgemma folder which I could put on any box with ease.
This back up creates a folder called "backup_openatv_zgemmah2h" inside the folder is a zipped file and it does not seem to work when I stick it in another box. Does the folder need renamed? Has anyone done a box with a backup and if so what did you do. It does not even seem to hold the same files as previous backups.
Thanks
If memory serves me right ((not backed up for long time) a complete backup is stored in /media/hdd/images folder, it is a zip file and the zip file contains the zgemma folder. You need to unzip the zip file to a usb stick. This has been standard on ATV for as long as I've been playing with boxes, (4-5 years)

Last edited:
Back