How do you clean your Laptop screen

celticfc

TK Veteran
As the title says
How do you clean your Laptop screen
is it ok to clean the screen with Anti-Bacterial wipes or if not whats the best to clean it
thanx

The lad in the pc shop used some Fairy liquid on a cloth which cleaned it. I have plenty of glass cleaner wipes dried out and use a glass cleaner sprayed onto it to wet it and use plenty of motion.

I would be worried about harsh chemicals that use warning labels to clean other things.

The lad in the pc shop used some Fairy liquid on a cloth which cleaned it. I have plenty of glass cleaner wipes dried out and use a glass cleaner sprayed onto it to wet it and use plenty of motion.

I would be worried about harsh chemicals that use warning labels to clean other things.
do u think washing up liquid would be ok ?

do u think washing up liquid would be ok ?
Yes, just use ONE drop on a damp cloth.rub it over the screen lightly, then use the un soaped damp cloth to remove it.
Any cloth, wet or dry will remove dust, it's the greasy finger marks etc that need a bit of attention

Yes, just use ONE drop on a damp cloth.rub it over the screen lightly, then use the un soaped damp cloth to remove it.
Any cloth, wet or dry will remove dust, it's the greasy finger marks etc that need a bit of attention
cheers it always seems streaky when i wipe it , i was using my specs cloth

I wouldn't use washing up liquid for the same reason I wouldn't use it to clean my car,
It contains fine grit/salt, so could end up in very small scratches.
I just use wet wipes/baby wipes etc,

I wouldn't use washing up liquid for the same reason I wouldn't use it to clean my car,
It contains fine grit/salt, so could end up in very small scratches.
I just use wet wipes/baby wipes etc,
so do you think Anti-Bacterial wipes would be ok ?

Another alternative is shaving foam, (not gel)
I use it for cleaning my glasses and motorbike visors and screens, a bonus for that is that it prevents fogging up, good for inside car windscreen too.
i would never of thought of that
cheers

Back