How does openatv decide on channel numberings?

Hi Guys,

I'm having an issue with channel numberings. I'm on Openatv 6.3.

I use Autobouquetmaker for the freeview stuff and then Jedi for my sub bouquets. ABM set to the top in an 'all channels' bouquet. The highest channel number is 981 (BBC red button). Then on my first bouquet on Jedi (UK Entertainment) 'One FHD' the channel number is 19880.

So my question is why does my jedi bouquets start at close to 20000 and 5 digits and not 1001 or something similar?

My previous set up created them as you would expect - the next number something like 1100. A friend of mine has an almost identical set up with ABM and the same provider with Jedi and his channels also stat with 4 digits. Why?

My suspicion is that that my previous bouquets are still on my box somewhere and it's seeing them as duplicates? Is there anywhere I can check or resolve this issue? The problem is that I can't punch the channel numbers in due to it being 5 digits, I have to go through the ball ache of bringing bouquets or EPG up every time I change the channel.

Thanks in advance.

You can issue thses command which will remove all bouquets. Paste instead of type to prevent risk of errors
Code:
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-settings-defaultsat
Code:
init 4 && opkg remove enigma2-plugin-settings-defaultsat && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb* && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3

You can issue thses command which will remove all bouquets. Paste instead of type to prevent risk of errors
Code:
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-settings-defaultsat
Code:
init 4 && opkg remove enigma2-plugin-settings-defaultsat && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb* && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3

Thanks. Does this mean it is likely that there are bouquets on my box that I can't see?

I'll try it after the Buatsi fight in case something goes wrong lol.

August 2019.

What I can't understand is that my mate has an almost identical set up and only 4 digits. I'll try the putty codes and reloading things on after the fight.

@Abu Baniaz whilst I have you......

All my channel numbers are now following on from one another. i.e. last channel in 1st bouquet = 50, 1st channel in 2nd bouquet = 51.

Do you know how I can easily set it to change to so that each bouquet stats with a preset? i.e. 1st bouquet starts with 10 (1001, 1002, 1003 etc) and 2nd bouquet stats with 11 (1101, 1102, 1103 etc).

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.

You can use the favourites.xml system within ABM to specify number boundaries and place channels in them as you want and not create the normal bouquets ABM does. This is documented in the readme file in ABM's custom folder.

Back