How does VM setup compare to SAt on VU+

freeme

Hi all

I currently run a VU+ Solo2 clone type sat box with Vix and was relatively happy with it (apart from the loss of HD) but found that recently a lot of the channels got really glitchy, I have tried switching severs and lines but cant seem to get over the problem so a friend suggested I try a vermin setup.

Just been doing a bit of research on the cable side of things and it seems that I can now get a twin cable tuner version of the VU+ Solo2 and just wanted a bit of advice as to wheather this was the best way forward and also if there are any major differences between cable and sat setup on these boxes, I see from my breif research on this forum that a good few of you are running Vix which is encouraging.

Ive been running CS boxes for a good few years now all VU+ starting with a solo, then a duo then a solo2 clone and currently a Meelo SE (basically another solo2 clone just re-branded) so I have a decent amount of experience setting up for the sat side but never cable...

Also before I go down this road is cable actually any good, heard from a mate (who is still on sly like me) that switching to cable is like a sat box 2-3 years ago with all the HD and no glitching but would be interested to hear from people already running it before I take the leap, and if I do is sticking with VU+ the way to go or are there better/cheaper options on the cable side

Thanks in advance for any information

---------- Post Merged at 04:33 PM ----------

I should add I understand I'd need a different n-line for cable and I already have an active VM account with fast internet and basic TV so guessing it should be plug+play once I have a compatible box....

I'm just a little confused that I never saw any cable bouquets options in ABM or Cross epg but that could well be because I want looking for them

Only difference is Hd channels still work on cable

Then cable use Nagravision encryption system

Nagravision ecms have a longer timing than Sky Nds which in turn helps the server owner operate a glitch free setup

However this doesn't mean there will be zero glitch it all depends on networks client amount and a multitude of other factors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience with Dreambox clones I've had zero issues in my many many years of this scene

The only receivers I've had trouble with are closed source boxes like openbox ,spiderbox, starview HD combo non Linux based

But obviously I cannot speak for everyone in the community [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both my clones have been lorinsun branded, really well built boxes almost on a par with the original vu kit, just the ongoing support you don't get but I generally set the box up get it working properly and don't mess with it so wasn't bothered about updated drivers and they were half price.... Now the OEM vu+ boxes have come down so much in price I'd just get a real one but definitely don't regret the clones I've bought previously

Back