How good this is ?

Dara26

Hello everyone,

After going through with many hours of thinking and balancing I´ve come up with my configuration but looking for help- how good this actually gonna work? .

Here it is:

Processor: Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3
Ram: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB 1600 Mhz
Graphics: ATI Radeon 6870
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 64mb (Os + games) + WD Caviar Green 2TB (various data)
Processor cooler: SCYTHE Katana 3

This is what I´ve come up with looking on my budget.
Power supply I have: CORSAIR CX 600W
Computer case is : COOLER MASTER HAF 932
Screen: Samsung 20˝ 2ms...native res 1680x1050 ( Res I´m gonna play on )
P.S. Near end of year gonna buy 24˝ screen

Only thing I´m not sure about is HDD- better to take SSD CORSAIR FORCE3 120GB or this WD Caviar combo ?

Thank you in forward for your help/advices/changes....looking forward on hearing them.

Cheers,
Dara

I would definitely run with an SSD

Either the Samsung 830 Series or the Crucial M4 would be my choice ;)

There's an excellent comprehensive guide to everything you need to know about SSD's called

Sean's Windows 7 Install & Optimization Guide for SSDs HDDs

Link:

Code:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

Thank you for your help and link.

I was thinking of this Caviar combo due to space issues ( my other disk is WD xxx Green 500Gb, 2-3 y old ) so these two would pack me enough space for movies,tv shows etc.
Gonna read article you linked me about SSD´s.

And this other stuff, graphics and processor pick...is it good for gaming pc for my current resolution etc ?

I'm out of touch with the latest offerings in GPU's so I'll leave that one for the gaming folk ;)

I would take Gman's recommendation for SSD for your OS drive and even though it sounds like you have had decent luck in the past with a WD Green drive, my preference would be to steer clear of those and go with a WD Black for storage. :)

Back