how hard is it to update to a newer version of Android i have a HTC One but on 4.2.2

klomax01

some modern apps wont install and run on this version how hard is it to update the android version to the latest one would i need any special kit?

Thanks in advance

It depends if you HTC one is supported by the latest android firmware, go to settings > about > software updates. That will tell you if there are any firmware updates for your phone

ive done that and it says its upto date however i see online people selling the same handset with later versions installed :(

You'll need a custom rom if you google it you'll find them but there is a risk of bricking the phone when not using official updates

Yeah thats quite an old phone therefor the latest official update for the htc one x would be 4.2.2 i would imagine.
You can root your phone and update it with unofficial firmware.
Go onto the xda forum and look for htc one x

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Problem as well is that newer versions generally run slower because of extra features you may have to bite the bullet and upgrade if and when you can afford it

Also anothrr disadvantage to having a rooted phone, is you wont be able to use banking apps due to security. Thats if you do mobile banking.
32 gb is only the storage capacity nothing to do with the speed or memory (ram) of the phone :)

yes i know thats storage but its 1Gb ram and quad 1.5ghz which i thought was respectable i have a HTC Desire 320 which is also 1Gb and only a quad 1.3 yet thats running 4.4.2 you would think a higher cpu would mean its capable of newer again not older :(

Yeah thats not a great ammount of difference between cpu, phones are getting octa-core cpus these days. However you can still have fun changing you rom just be careful :)

You have to understand handset makers do this on purpose. Your phone is more than capable of running new Android system. Hence the roms. But there is no money to be made if nobody ever updated their phones. So they don't release new operating systems for older phones. Every phone i have ever had i think why do i need to upgrade. I like this phone. I upgrade and then think god my old phone was a bit crap really. Bite the bullet and get a new phone. And as a web designer just like we no longer give a crap about ie9 and under, we also dont even test on old android anymore. If a modern website doesn't work correctly on an old phone, we just say tough sh!t. Upgrade.

hi guys same sort of problem here got a htc mini one 2 running 4.42 . want to download the wetherspoons pay app .. saying not compatible driving me mad .. anyway round this guys ..i ve been trying for weeks { .. was going down the route of racoon . but need to add another google account . a throw away one seemingly ? seems so much hassle man ?brain damage :rage:

Back