how important is on board memory

Lr3

hi all, as a first box I've bought a h2s from a work friend, he says it works fine and I've seen it working and couldn't see any performance issue - he was using normal talktalk fibre broadband, any how i was looking at the spec of new boxes to get some idea of what they contain and not just reading reviews, i was just wondering how important ram is on these boxes, some have 1 gb and others have 2 gb,

hi all, as a first box I've bought a h2s from a work friend, he says it works fine and I've seen it working and couldn't see any performance issue - he was using normal talktalk fibre broadband, any how i was looking at the spec of new boxes to get some idea of what they contain and not just reading reviews, i was just wondering how important ram is on these boxes, some have 1 gb and others have 2 gb,
A H2s?
I suppose if you want it for Freesat only then it should be ok, pretty much useless for anything else.
I don't think it matters much whether you have 1 or 2 GB of ram for Freesat, you might want to use a usb if you intend recording and for a bit of extra storage etc

hi there, I've bought a wd drive for recording, won't be using it for freest, what do you look for when getting a new box, say i have 100 to spend, it only for iptv and vod, I've seen the zgemma h 9 and the formuler z alpha , i need one with satellite input as well be taking it away when we go on our hols so i guess that rules out the formuler

You would have been better getting the newer box unless its just free view you are looking to achieve. If you have a satellite dish it is a twin tuner so you can record and watch tv like the sky boxes.

hi there, I've bought a wd drive for recording, won't be using it for freest, what do you look for when getting a new box, say i have 100 to spend, it only for iptv and vod, I've seen the zgemma h 9 and the formuler z alpha , i need one with satellite input as well be taking it away when we go on our hols so i guess that rules out the formuler
The h2s will not play the newer hvec 265 streams which most suppliers now use for IPTV. Top end box for around the £100 mark is this one below.

OCTAGON SF8008 S2X TWIN 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X

You would have been better getting the newer box unless its just free view you are looking to achieve. If you have a satellite dish it is a twin tuner so you can record and watch tv like the sky boxes.
hi, we have a touring caravan and have a portable satellite, 1 feed is enough to be fair

I'm a Zgemma H2.S hold out. Still have the same unit I bought back in 2016. Was originally preloaded with some Vix build and I pottered a long with with my Nline getting all the luxury of full HD Sly through sat for a couple of years. I switched to Wooshbuild, then the satellite blackout happened, Wooshbuild which at the time had a load of support recommended IPTV provider for their customers, I subbed with them and whilst the service has changed hands and plugin types a couple of times, I've always been notified by the provider. Anyway I'm still here in 2022, running the same H2.S, my satellite bouquets all lined up neatly with integrated IP channel bouquets. My provider like many others has started switching the most popular 1080p HD streams of their channels to HVEC 265, but for each of those channels I still have a 720p version of the stream in H264 which runs fine for me. Watched the Tyson Fury fight the other week with zero issues throughout.

When the time comes and I'm forced to change I'll probably go for the Octagon that everyone's raving about. But right now the Zgemma H2.S I'm using is more than adequate for Sly + VOD on IPTV and my usual freesat through Satellite.. Perhaps I've just got lucky with my provider, I dunno... I just find it hard to let go of old technology, my TV is from 2011 and I still have my parent's microwave in the kitchen from 1984 :LOL:

I'm a Zgemma H2.S hold out. Still have the same unit I bought back in 2016. Was originally preloaded with some Vix build and I pottered a long with with my Nline getting all the luxury of full HD Sly through sat for a couple of years. I switched to Wooshbuild, then the satellite blackout happened, Wooshbuild which at the time had a load of support recommended IPTV provider for their customers, I subbed with them and whilst the service has changed hands and plugin types a couple of times, I've always been notified by the provider. Anyway I'm still here in 2022, running the same H2.S, my satellite bouquets all lined up neatly with integrated IP channel bouquets. My provider like many others has started switching the most popular 1080p HD streams of their channels to HVEC 265, but for each of those channels I still have a 720p version of the stream in H264 which runs fine for me. Watched the Tyson Fury fight the other week with zero issues throughout.

When the time comes and I'm forced to change I'll probably go for the Octagon that everyone's raving about. But right now the Zgemma H2.S I'm using is more than adequate for Sly + VOD on IPTV and my usual freesat through Satellite.. Perhaps I've just got lucky with my provider, I dunno... I just find it hard to let go of old technology, my TV is from 2011 and I still have my parent's microwave in the kitchen from 1984 :LOL:
Be forced to change in the end like all devices the h2s will have had its day sooner or later :LOL: Why not enjoy the newer streams your supplier now offers a bit daft really as you pay for them anyway.

Be forced to change in the end like all devices the h2s will have had its day sooner or later :LOL: Why not enjoy the newer streams your supplier now offers a bit daft really as you pay for them anyway.
No doubt I will, but my logic is I can still watch everything I've been able to before and why spend £100 now when I not forced to change yet and in 6 months time there might be an EVEN better box for around that price point. Also my other half can operate the Zgemma remote and navigate through the menus to watch her stuff right now and I could REALLY do without the extra hassle :laughing:

I'm with tomlee on this one, I'm afraid. Why get a new box when the one I have plays all the programmes I need perfectly well enough for me.
I couldn't tell the difference between sd and HD on iptv if I were offered a thousand pounds, I might guess it, but that would be luck.

I have a fire stick (I never have any luck with any of these feckers), a H2S, A H52TC, and a buzz stick and a buzz TV box, but for simplicity, I stick with the h2s, so my better half can operate it..
No doubt I will, but my logic is I can still watch everything I've been able to before and why spend £100 now when I not forced to change yet and in 6 months time there might be an EVEN better box for around that price point. Also my other half can operate the Zgemma remote and navigate through the menus to watch her stuff right now and I could REALLY do without the extra hassle :laughing:
Couldnt agree more, I'm from a place and time where we didn't have disposable income to waste, we used things until they were broken beyond repair.
I feckin hate the disposable culture and inbuilt obsolescence that so many have bought into, even though I have personal disposable income now, I can't waste for the sake of it.

I'm with tomlee on this one, I'm afraid. Why get a new box when the one I have plays all the programmes I need perfectly well enough for me.
I couldn't tell the difference between sd and HD on iptv if I were offered a thousand pounds, I might guess it, but that would be luck.

I have a fire stick (I never have any luck with any of these feckers), a H2S, A H52TC, and a buzz stick and a buzz TV box, but for simplicity, I stick with the h2s, so my better half can operate it..

Couldnt agree more, I'm from a place and time where we didn't have disposable income to waste, we used things until they were broken beyond repair.
I feckin hate the disposable culture and inbuilt obsolescence that so many have bought into, even though I have personal disposable income now, I can't waste for the sake of it.
Tell you what i will do for you Mr wheelo as you do super work for the dublin homeless. I have a twin tuner zgemma H9 satellite box here i setup for a disabled chap but he preferred the firesicks due to voice control. I do not have the original box but its under warranty for another year i would happy donate it and set it up with free postage to uk mainland for your good cause sir. (raffle maybe)

I appreciate the sentiment, and all donations have been gratefully received, but the problem is if you raffle something, people expect new with warranty in case of problems down the road.

If you want to flog it and make a donation, cool.

I hope you understand, again, many thanks.

I appreciate the sentiment, and all donations have been gratefully received, but the problem is if you raffle something, people expect new with warranty in case of problems down the road.

If you want to flog it and make a donation, cool.

I hope you understand, again, many thanks.
Totally understand just never see any for sale now due to chip shortage.

This is a bit awkward... After all that I ended up giving in when I came across a Octagon SF008 on eBay and won it for under £65 😂.

Rest assured the Zgemma is going to live on in my upstairs office though. I do get very attached to my technology👍

This is a bit awkward... After all that I ended up giving in when I came across a Octagon SF008 on eBay and won it for under £65 😂.

Rest assured the Zgemma is going to live on in my upstairs office though. I do get very attached to my technology👍
Make a feckin liar out of me, why don't you??? 🤣🤣🤣
At 65 pounds, it's not a bad price, may you have ten more years uninterrupted viewing

Back