How many of you guys pay for a TV Licence?

Removal Of Implied Right Of Access
Never get anyone knocking on door lol but the gate is always locked and have an external postbox

I haven't payed it ever and I don't plan on ever paying one. not because of the fact that I don't agree with putting a tax on the right to watch a tv that we have payed for and payed tax on or a areal/sat dish/cable that we have payed for and payed tax on. Its because I don't like the idea of paying them my hard earned wages for them to give it to cigar smoking tv personality's,

We get a brown envelope through the door every month trying to scare us with statements like TV LICENCING AGENTS OPERATING IN YOUR AREA!

We have paid for one for the last 12 years, came home from work and the mrs said they had been around the door earlier that day, I called her all sorts of names (surprised she forgave me for some of the things I called her) , but she has always paid it out of her direct debits every 3 months.

As an addendum to this thread, the people who may or may not knock at the door have no right to enter the property unless you invite them in.
They have NOT got court orders/ warrants or any of the other crap they claim to have to force entry, no court in the UK will give them a court order to do this and I challenge anyone to find an instance of this via google or the search engine of your choice - it's never happened and never will.
The only time someone gets dusted for not having a TV licence is when they knock at the door, you invite them in to check, and when you admit to not having a licence, even then, 99 times from a hundred, they make you buy a licence using a debit/credit card, if they do this, cancel the payment ASAP.
Bear these points in mind:
1) they have no idea who you are or what your name is - you could have moved in this morning
2) They have no right to come in the house, tell them to come back next month
3) if someone knocks at the door and say they are from TV licencing just close it and go and watch TV, I've had 3 people in 10 years

We pay 210€ for the year in Germany.. they changed the rules so that each household has to pay.. it doesn´t matter if you don´t have a tv or radio. In my work we also have to pay as we have an internet connection and could watch tv or listen to the radio,

Back