HOW MUCH?

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I just went to virgin site to pay my bill and was browsing around to see what they where offering and it said, 'you can now get the M500 broadband in your area', ooh best see how much that is (shh dont tell the wife) so went to the prices page for broadband and phone, and no M500 option listed, so opened live chat.

'Oh no you can only get the M500' with our Ultimate Oomph bundle', ok so how much is that, off I trot to the bundles page. £89/month (with £99 crossed out), hmm ok 500Mbps, all the channels, landland (but who uses that any more), and mobile sim with 'never ending data, mins and text' OK so doesn't sound to bad. BUT wait after 12 months the £89 becomes £139.

WTF £139 a month do people really pay this?

Yep mine was £105 absolute joke, you think it’s good at £55 but after your they have hypnotised you down the phone but once 12 months is up and your missus clicks her fingers and you snap out of it and realise £105 is hitting you every month plus £70 phone bill you realise that you paying well over the odds!

I hate paying 32 a month for just broadband
See as they are the only ones in the uk that can do this service they can charge what they want

Just haggle I've currently signed up for 350mbps for £31
I just checked my contract, I was paying £53 for 200, but then got a £9 discount taking it to £44, I see that the 350mbps is only £37 a month for new customers so a call is going into them shortly

I just checked my contract, I was paying £53 for 200, but then got a £9 discount taking it to £44, I see that the 350mbps is only £37 a month for new customers so a call is going into them shortly
Yeah when you ring make sure its first thing in the morning because they are only allowed to dish out so many deals and discounts per day etc (y)

Yeah when you ring make sure its first thing in the morning because they are only allowed to dish out so many deals and discounts per day etc (y)

Didnt know that. Thought calling anytime they may do something for you. Tried morning and afternoon and evening on same day but nothing different tbf.

Some of you are so damn lucky with prices you pay lol.

200mb if we wanted would be £38 a month and £45 for 350mb.

Seems they pick and choose who to give the best "deals" to.

I had to tell them I was cancelling before I got a discount. After I started the cancellation process, they called me two days later with an offer :)
Also, it helps if you have the prices from SKY/BT/TalkTalk, so you can give them a reason for moving

I had to tell them I was cancelling before I got a discount. After I started the cancellation process, they called me two days later with an offer :)
Also, it helps if you have the prices from SKY/BT/TalkTalk, so you can give them a reason for moving

What package and price you manage to get after saying you're gonna cancel?

Completely different provider I'm with sly and pay £77 a month for phone broadband entertainment package and 40mbps and 8 Meg upload no cable in my area

Talk Talk large fibre
Live in the sticks. Cabinet literally 4 metres away,
£22.00 month 76mb down 19mb up
Run 5 phones, playstation, torrents.(late @ night)
Cppl of boxs, runs fine.

But most of the tv is watched via FTA if honest..

Back