HOW MUCH?

I think what people struggle on is that you actually have to leave. Leave give 30 days notice and receive a termination email. The guys on the phone when you call can only do so much. It's retentions that call you back that offer you the good deals.

Also when you phone them up say you don't want any price hikes for the first 12 months. And if you get a solid deal make sure you haggle for a 18 month contract.

bb.jpg

Couldn't agree more, when we moved i tried Vodafone bb.
For a month it was great, Then my uploads were greater than my download speeds, after many rants Vodafone topped my phone up to 50gb a month until problem @ exchange was resolved, I argued my case that Vodafone were not fulfilling their part of a contract.. I got out eventually and by chance talk talk had a good deal.. theres a thread on here I posted about 2 years ago regards Vodafone and lack of speeds..
And false promises..

Also when you phone them up say you don't want any price hikes for the first 12 months. And if you get a solid deal make sure you haggle for a 18 month contract.

View attachment 41413
Is that just broadband or broadband and phone, I tried cancelling my landline last time I contacted them and they just said keep your landline and we will give discount

Is that just broadband or broadband and phone, I tried cancelling my landline last time I contacted them and they just said keep your landline and we will give discount

Just broadband. Try cancelling your landline this time around. If you don't use it.

after 3 weeks with an intermittent VM fault in the cabinet, they finally fixed it, lots of phone calls & haggling for compo & reduced bill as was out of contract....according to the VM rep the amount of discount they can offer depends on the package you took, the higher the package the more discount but they also take into account the time you have been with them (near 10 years for us). My service was 100mb BB & landline with an average bill of approx £52pm, after a little back & forth on the phone they lowered my bill to £28pm for the same service (100mb BB & landline with free weekend calls).

@grog68 we have a landline for our 96yo grandmother, a kinder more loved person would be hard to find, she has led an incredible life & in our eyes is a Nation treasure, her mind is as sharp as a razor but unfortunately, failing eyesight means she is registered blind so a landline is a must.

cheapest deal they say they can give me when I called is £29.50 for 50mb broadband only, rising to £32 in jan 2020 then to £37 in jan 2021?

cheapest deal they say they can give me when I called is £29.50 for 50mb broadband only, rising to £32 in jan 2020 then to £37 in jan 2021?
I pay £32 for 100mb, just broadband no phone, you will only get a deal if your contracts up, you should always be able to get the offer you started with when first signed up, also when I get a price hike email I phone up and say I’m leaving unless it stays at £32

I pay £32 for 100mb, just broadband no phone, you will only get a deal if your contracts up, you should always be able to get the offer you started with when first signed up, also when I get a price hike email I phone up and say I’m leaving unless it stays at £32
that was the deal they gave me when out of contract last month

didnt have chance today, my son and his pregnant wife decided to break down on M1, with no break down cover, had to go sort them out, told them its ok to drive if not doing 90 lol. Then youngest needed lift to leeds festival. All left home but still the dads taxi/breakdown service. Busy tomorrow so will try getting more 4 less fom virgin on Friday.

just got round to calling them this morning, no where near as good as @TheSource got but I was on M200 with phone for £44/month which included a £9 discount which ends in a couple of weeks taking it up to £53 and then there was the £3.50 price increase that is about to hit us taking it up to £56.50/month.

I managed to upgrade to the M350 with phone for £49, so will be paying £7.50/month (£90/year) less than I would have if not done anything and getting faster speeds. Cancelling the phone would have saved me nothing so they claim

just got round to calling them this morning, no where near as good as @TheSource got but I was on M200 with phone for £44/month which included a £9 discount which ends in a couple of weeks taking it up to £53 and then there was the £3.50 price increase that is about to hit us taking it up to £56.50/month.

I managed to upgrade to the M350 with phone for £49, so will be paying £7.50/month (£90/year) less than I would have if not done anything and getting faster speeds. Cancelling the phone would have saved me nothing so they claim

Fair enough mate. You probably would have got the same deal if you had actaully cancelled and waited for retentions to phone you. Least you're saving though mate.

£43pm, phone, basic tv package & 100mb bb (don't get anywhere near this, but don't have problems running iptv, 2x mobiles, 2x tablets, laptop, alexa, simultaneously. Now i could save more money if my wife wasn't arsed about recording tv!!

Yea I know, but my bottle went, if they didn't call back and switched me off I would have been a dead man LOL

You don't need to worry mate. It's always 30 days. That gives you 29 days if they don't call to call up and cancel your cancellation.

I think we need a chicken smilie (y) :unsure:

Chicken on HTC

I just renewed my package with vm..... 350 bb, basic TV, basic phone (which I don't use hardly) £46.They were gonna charge me £54 but I held my nerve and threatened to leave (got put through to retentions) I'm quite happy with that.

Manged to get 100mb, with talk more anytime, basic tv (never used now), for £29 after complaining of their wifi constantly going awol.

Back