How to back up your image on cloud ibox 2

1. Go to plugins and download the backup 1 to 1 usb plugin and make a back up before u go changing anything always make a backup otherwise u could brick your box

2. Then create a text file on the usb name it anything but put .txt after (backup2.txt)

3. Save to pc desktop and install whatever u need

4. If you run into trouble when installing backup try other usb stick

Last edited:
has anyone got a link to download this 1 to 1 usb plugin i cant find it anywhere on my cloud ibox 2

Use it to find the plugin. Go in and click plugins. Then just go through and look for the one you want to download.

Edit : the one I use is backupsuite (16.5)

Dont forget if youve run the new 29/5/14 bootloader you will have to rename ur backup from xpeedlx to cloudix before you can use it. And either way change the file called noforce to force (AFTER TAKING OFF HDD!).

Last edited:
thanks for the info mate ill have a good scan now

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 AM ----------

managed to get myself automatic full backup gonna see if this one works :)

Edit : the one I use is backupsuite (16.5)

Dont forget if youve run the new 29/5/14 bootloader you will have to rename ur backup from xpeedlx to cloudix before you can use it. And either way change the file called noforce to force (AFTER TAKING OFF HDD!).

After messing about all day this information was invaluable after backing up one box and transferring the data to a new box

I Thank You Sir

can anyone help?

i have a cloud ibox2+ which is at the moment useless after having a power cut the box will no longer start, all im getting is the blue power indicator led, "boot" appearing on the front of the box and openvix logo on screen its been like this for 3 hours now.

if i have to re-flash the box is there anyway you can get the server links back or find out what they are before hand ?

Use an ftp prog on pc like DCC or filezilla.
if u can connect to box you can copy off ur line.
if not ul have to contact supplier.
the boot stick is a modern problem.
for original boxs I recommend 29/5/14 bootloader and vix 022. Both available in downloads.

Can anyone link to a guide on how to use putty for making a backup please? Having bother finding with google.
bought pc card and null modem cable. But never used putty before sorry.

New Box problem

Great, new box just arrived stuck on boot. Luckily enough I ordered a box from the same people so trying to back up working box onto new one using Backupsuite. Not much luck so far but here goes.

---------- Post Merged at 12:46 PM ----------

Thanks sucmnsee your rename folder and force worked for me after a low level then windows format.

cloud ibox2 to cloud ibox2plus

1. Go to plugins and download the backup 1 to 1 usb plugin and make a back up before u go changing anything always make a backup otherwise u could brick your box

2. Then create a text file on the usb name it anything but put .txt after (backup2.txt)

Hi can I use cloud ibox 2 back up image on cloud ibox2 plus Cheers.

backup

Im getting No supported receiver found, image creation FAILED! any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Doesnt work on ibox 2+ SE.
FOR THAT LOOK AT ZGEMMA BACKUP ON VIX.

basically its
Menu
Setup
Vix
Image manager
Green for new backup
Ftp the created zip out to desktop.ad 3 files from an existing flash
Imageversion
Splash
Force

Love to know how to install a back up image to another could Ibox 2 plus. My other box just says boot on display

Back