GrogBuild How to Change Boot Logo

Openboxcy

Hi,

I installed GrogBuild a few days ago and happy with how everything works.

Years ago I seem to remember changing the boot logo on WB for a Sly image. Is it possible to do this on GrogBuild? Is it worth doing or does it cause problems?

If it can be changed and is worth doing how do you get the image to the box, FileZilla or some other way? Also, can any image from Google be used?

Thanks

Go into user interface - Skin setup - Skin and you will see a list of skins choose the one you want save then reboot.

Hi,

I installed GrogBuild a few days ago and happy with how everything works.

Years ago I seem to remember changing the boot logo on WB for a Sly image. Is it possible to do this on GrogBuild? Is it worth doing or does it cause problems?

If it can be changed and is worth doing how do you get the image to the box, FileZilla or some other way? Also, can any image from Google be used?

Thanks
Are you referring to the skin?
Like blue Sky skin or Red Virgin skin or do you mean the PG monkey boot picture?

Monkey be sad about this

images.jpeg-2.jpg

@grog68 , I'm half way through putting grogbuild on new zgemma , where its asking for URL provider details is that the epg URL, regards tommy

@grog68 , I'm half way through putting grogbuild on new zgemma , where its asking for URL provider details is that the epg URL, regards tommy
Iptv provider?
It is the m3u it wants although most providers don't give this out.
You can set it up manually after Grogbuild installation, I assume you are using jedimaker?

Thanks Pablo ( I got that zgemma h7c ) I've got m3u details in my provider line info , don't think I used jedimaker in previous zgemma, thats what I used what "moshibeth" just posted, also reason i asked is that URL in my line details only appears in front of Epg details.

Think its sorted, thanks

Last edited:
Seems its not sorted second run installing Grog with PUTTY and near completion getting this message "Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection"
Whish I could get openwebif working again, but no joy

Seems its not sorted second run installing Grog with PUTTY and near completion getting this message "Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection"
Whish I could get openwebif working again, but no joy
Does the box boot up?
Do you have the IP address of it, 192.168 etc?
Is openwebif installed in plugins list?

It came with Vix on it and it did boot up, I managed to get some freeview channels on it last night on Vix, today I decided to flash GROG, no multi boot just GROG. Having tried to flash Grog on PUTTY twice, it now boots up as far as Grogs monkey then locks up.
I have box ip, but when I put it in browser it takes me to a network log in page and if I put my box name in browser to try get to openwebif it just takes me to the box selling web sites
I can'tget into box to see if openwebif plug in installed, bot it was on Vix before I tried a flash, I know that does'nt matter now, thanks Pablo

Can I use FileZilla to try and flash Grog ?

Last edited:
It came with Vix on it and it did boot up, I managed to get some freeview channels on it last night on Vix, today I decided to flash GROG, no multi boot just GROG. Having tried to flash Grog on PUTTY twice, it now boots up as far as Grogs monkey then locks up.
I have box ip, but when I put it in browser it takes me to a network log in page and if I put my box name in browser to try get to openwebif it just takes me to the box selling web sites
I can'tget into box to see if openwebif plug in installed, bot it was on Vix before I tried a flash, I know that does'nt matter now, thanks Pablo

Usb flash it with open atv 6.4 then type your box ip addess into your web browser openwebif should openup then. Vix does not have webif plugin installed from flash.

You can not flash via Filezilla.

Before you flashed grog are you certain you had a mounted usb or hdd.

It needs this for the install.

Flash openatv by usb and then mount a usb stick, then use telnet to install grogbuild.

FTP into /usr/share/

You will see the current bootlogo.mvi.

All you need to do is over write that by ftp transfer with your new one and reboot.
I've just been trying this. Created my bootlogo .mvi using xorion, ftp'd to /usr/share/ using FileZilla and overwritten the existing file. When I reboot my box I still see the GrogBuild monkey ha ha ha!

If I go back to FileZilla the GrogBuild bootlogo is still there (can tell as the file size is different to the one I've created). Any ideas? Might just leave it if it's too much hassle.

I've just been trying this. Created my bootlogo .mvi using xorion, ftp'd to /usr/share/ using FileZilla and overwritten the existing file. When I reboot my box I still see the GrogBuild monkey ha ha ha!

If I go back to FileZilla the GrogBuild bootlogo is still there (can tell as the file size is different to the one I've created). Any ideas? Might just leave it if it's too much hassle.
Don’t change what’s not broken!!!

Try delete that mvi and reboot if the monkey still shows we are talking about splash logo not the bootlogo.

There are several logos. Maybe sort by filetype to see the other ones. Rename them one by one to disable them. Eg changing waiting.mvi to waiting.mvi.bak

Back