WooshBuild How to configure OpenATV to record onto network share on free nas file server

Are there references to this share in /etc/fstab and /etc/enigma2/automounts.xml?

Use Notepad ++ to open them.

There should be a file named fstab in /etc/

I would use CIFS rather than NFS.

automounts.xml should look like:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<mountmanager>
<fstab>
<cifs>
<mount>
<active>True</active>
<hdd_replacement>False</hdd_replacement>
<ip>10.0.0.3</ip>
<sharename>threetb</sharename>
<sharedir>threetb</sharedir>
<options>rw,utf8</options>
<username>flyingscotsman</username>
<password>flyingscotsmanspassword</password>
</mount>
</cifs>
</fstab>
</mountmanager>

There should be a file named fstab in /etc/

I would use CIFS rather than NFS.

automounts.xml should look like:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<mountmanager>
<fstab>
<cifs>
<mount>
<active>True</active>
<hdd_replacement>False</hdd_replacement>
<ip>10.0.0.3</ip>
<sharename>threetb</sharename>
<sharedir>threetb</sharedir>
<options>rw,utf8</options>
<username>flyingscotsman</username>
<password>flyingscotsmanspassword</password>
</mount>
</cifs>
</fstab>
</mountmanager>
like this 82ebe60026acdb22f37cd112129e4abe.png

Username and password should be the ones you use to connect to your NAS, are they correct?
What is the media/hdd reference? automounts.xml should only have network shares, or is that for another E2 box?

Username and password should be the ones you use to connect to your NAS, are they correct?
What is the media/hdd reference? automounts.xml should only have network shares, or is that for another E2 box?
thats the usb thumb drive i have plugged in i think and yeah the username and password are correct

The thumb drive shouldn't be in automounts.xml. I only have network shares in mine.
You will have to enable debugging to see what is going wrong if all the details are correct.
I don't use ATV so no idea how to go about it.

The thumb drive shouldn't be in automounts.xml. I only have network shares in mine.
You will have to enable debugging to see what is going wrong if all the details are correct.
I don't use ATV so no idea how to go about it.
oh ok, i will delete that section of the file i might try my username instead of the one setup for the tv box

as @Willo3092 mentioned the usb stick should not be listed in the automounts.xml, only the remote drive (2nd enigma box in my case) is listed in there

Are you doing a full reboot? This is essential to write the settings to fstab.
I know you say it doesn't exist but I've never seen a Linux box without an fstab file.

You will also have to repeat this procedure until the red/white cross disappears:

Go into Network Mount Manager and make sure there are is no red cross on the image of the drive at the left side under mounted/unmounted.
If there is a red cross, just highlight the mount, press okay and green to save, overwriting existing mount.

Back