How to download photos from phone to PC

BarrySh

Hi, my old Samsung Galaxy A3 is full. Probably all the photos and videos of the grand kids. How do i download them to my pc. I have done it before from my camera and camcorder but never from a phone. Didn't come with any lead but might have something that will fit. Pensioner so please be gentle with me.

Hi, my old Samsung Galaxy A3 is full. Probably all the photos and videos of the grand kids. How do i download them to my pc. I have done it before from my camera and camcorder but never from a phone. Didn't come with any lead but might have something that will fit. Pensioner so please be gentle with me.
If using a modern Windows pc:
1. Pair your smartphone with your pc.
2. Open Bluetooth on pc and in WIndows
3. Click Receive Files on pc
4. On Smartphone highlight the files to send
5. Click Bluetooth icon and Send FIles from phone to paired pc

Last edited:
Find a suitable USB, Windows Explorer should pick up the phone and open a window relating to it (if not, use file explorer to navigate to the usb drive) look for a folder called DCIM and they should be in there. Copy and past the folders/ files to a pc directory. :)

Hi thanks. Tried that but it would only let me send some of the smaller videos. 12MB. Wouldn't send 70MB. Assume there is a limit on size for an email
If you have Gmail or Hotmail account they have a 'drive' you can upload the files to.
Usually about 1 gb for free then you have to pay for extra space.
Send your files to it.
Open Gmail on your pc and download from the drive

If photo,s are on sd card you could take out the card and put it in the USB on the computer ( you might need to use a card adapter)

download google photos on your phone.... tell it to backup and sync your photos... this will then send all photos to google photos, once done you can delete them all from your phone but still access the via the google photos app... also then you can go on any pc anywhere and login to google photos to view them there also... So on your phone you get access to all your photos for ever via the google photos app and can delete them from your phone saving space constantly once they have uploaded to google.

Hi, does it just plug into the charging port and the pc will pick it up like my digital camera.
Just use usb cable as advised, and copy or move photos to PC. Otherwise depending on your internet speed it could take ages to upload to google drive for example the phone has 16GB of storage.

Back