how to find my iptv details via ftping to the box as box suck on boot

Saj_8

Hi All

box zgemma h2s

My brothers box is displaying a red dot and displaying boot, he asked me to take a look at it as I used to have a dreambox 4-5 years ago when I last used them,

he didn't set it up and the person that did cant be found, but the iptv line is very good and stable and he doest know who the line supplier is either

after reading a lot on google, youtube internet etc I ended up here

I know the box will need to be reflashed
found this link to follow
WooshBuild Infinity - For ALL Enigma2 boxes

my question is his box has iptv on it, and I don't have the line details, the line is stable and working fine, for a few years now,

so I wanted to obtain that from the box before I reflash it and add the line back in, otherwise will loose it

I have managed to obtain the ip address of the box via connected it to my router and and logging onto to the router

from there I got the ip address and using FileZilla I have managed to connect to the box and can see the files on my box on the right hand side

the prob I have I don't know which file will have my line

can anyone point me in the right direction ?

if it works the same as my c and n line used to it a very small file, but there so many files i don't know whats what,

if anyone can point me in the right direction will be much appreciated, once i get this box sorted i will look to get myself one from here and have a play about

as above, what plugin was he using to watch iptv - XCPlugin? XtreamTV? was it via the bouquets? xtreme editor?

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I've had a look in the enigma2 folder and it is showing loads of files with the extension Xtream, would it be a case of backing up a copy of this enigma 2 folder to my desktop and reflash and dump the entire contents of this folder back, after the reflash of the image onto the box?

Without knowing what plugin was used it's going to be almost impossible to backup the details. You can't just backup the enigma2 folder as it may have conflicts with new images.

Don't you know what the plugin was?

Surely he was given the details in some message, email, Facebook messenger etc.

Ive located Xtream editor on the box,

he hasn't got the details in email like u said, the person that set it up is no longer talking in the family long gone, he prob has details, but as we don't talk there no way of getting them off him, so I wanted to see if I could pull them from the box as its stuck on boot

my dads also got a box thats working, and I'm sure I've seem the name wooshbuild come up on there, ill have a look at that next time I'm down there to confirm, I'm assuming that it will have the same pluggin as this not working box, just different lines.

If it's Xtream editor then it won't be possible to save the details as the sub is linked to the box editor Id code and the code will probably charge. When you reflash you'll need to give the provider a new code to link the iptv.

Edit in etc/enigma2 do you see .tv files with iptv names? If you do open with a compatible text editor like notepad ++ do you see url/username/password?

If you do then you can use jedimakerxtream or iptv bouquet maker to create the bouquets.

Last edited:
Ive located Xtream editor on the box,

he hasn't got the details in email like u said, the person that set it up is no longer talking in the family long gone, he prob has details, but as we don't talk there no way of getting them off him, so I wanted to see if I could pull them from the box as its stuck on boot

my dads also got a box thats working, and I'm sure I've seem the name wooshbuild come up on there, ill have a look at that next time I'm down there to confirm, I'm assuming that it will have the same pluggin as this not working box, just different lines.
If it's stuck on boot. Try another power supply as this cures the problem about 90%of the time.
Make sure the new psu is 12v and the same or higher ampage as the existing psu, up to about 5A will fire the box up

Thanks all for your help, tried a different psu and still displaying the same, managed to locate the settings files in enigma2 and locate what i believe to be the line. have backed this up, going to buy a usb pen tomorrow and have a play at flashing etc in next few days, once again thanks all

Guys just one more question, speaking with my bro just now he confirmed he though he made a back up on his HDD few weeks before box got stuck on boot, i have managed to ftp to the box and locate the HDD folder and after copying a zipped folder "enigma2 setting backup" in there it contains 3 folders on there saying etc, tmp, usr, is it safe to say that i can replace these 3 folder after the flash with these backed up ones in that location?

If your going to manually copy/paste your line into the settings file on your new box you will need to stop enigma2 by sending a command of init 4 using putty before doing so. Then type init 3 to restart. Without doing the commands the line details are not saved

Hi All. quick update, got the box flashed with wooshu, installed extream editor, trying to find out how to install vpn on it, already got digsomething vpn on my setting files which i pulled off before the flash, and also have ip vanish, went into pluggings on the box cant find digibit or something like that to install, have xe vpn, but read something on here they charge you or something, gona do a bit more searching on how to install the vpn, regarding using that line i have, my app id 8 digit is diff to what the box is showing now, so if i change it I'm more than sure the supplier will kill it, so for the time being have freeview sat on it, got to say the HD freeview pick are very good, wondering if there going to be a boxing day sale on the zgemmas on here hmmmmm lol, will have to check tomorrow, Techkings thankyou so much for allowing me to join and your wonderful guides and thanks everyone who helped and advised.

Back