bobby123

TECHKINGS RESIDENT
How to flash by USB ONLY to TM-800 HD

Save TM800 image in the root of your USB device, do not use inside any folders
Ensure the file is named like this >>> TM800_update.bin
Plug USB device into receiver
Turn on from rear
As soon as you see STARTING press stand by button many times until see MINIROOT
Wait until you see box IP in the front panel scrolling then press MENU button on the receiver
It will take about 2 minutes to download to receiver and will say SUCCESS and will reboot.
Turn the power off and remove your USB device
==============================
Ensure no hard drives are connected.
Turn power on, wait for receiver to boot and follow the onscreen wizard. (ignore WiFi setup for now)
Install default channel list when prompted
Turn off from rear for one minute
Turn on and wait for receiver to fully boot
Test all functions, test channels and motor function, test as many functions as you can
Connect external USB hard disk
Press USB button on remote, highlight your hard disk and press the RED button to format.
WAIT for formatting to complete. Depending on the size of your drive, and the USB connection, this could take quite a while.
Once the hard drive has finished formatting, turn off the receiver at the rear and turn back on, wait for receiver to fully boot
Setup your receivers WiFi connection (if WiFi is fitted)

Your receiver should now be fully operational and stable. If any stage fails more than once, re download the image, format the USB device used to flash the receiver, and start again.

This method has been tried and tested numerous times, and is the ONLY way recommended by Technomate themselfs.

Once you have got to this stage, you can start installing plugins, channel lists etc, as any further issues will be down to incompatibility with the third party plugins or channel lists you are attempting to install

Hi what I wanted to do was play a movie from my 32gig USB stick in the TM 800 but it dont work after I have formatted it to fats 32 cheers

Hi, my problem is that when i d/l an image and unpack it onto my usb stick it does Not look like TM800_update.bin instead it looks like eg: TM800_IQ_2011_07_26 also in properties it says PowerISO File (.bin) with a symbol of a disc, could someone tell me what im doing wrong and also direct me to latest image with cool epg on it for tm800hd.

Thanks.

1. Format a USB stick FAT32.
2. Download image
3. Extract image to root of the USB stick and renameTM800_update.bin
4. Power off TM-800 and connect USB stick to front or rear USB port.
5. Power on using rear power switch and REPEATEDLY press the Standby button front of the receiver.
6. When miniroot shows stop pressing standby button.
7. When IP shows press menu and the you will see the progress of the flash on the front screen. When finished the receiver will automatically reboot.

Back