How To Get Subwoofer Working With Formuler Z8?

dummer

It should work through arc..I have a similar set up but never hear the sub unless I change the equaliser settings on tv as it only sub woofs when needed by the sound..try testing by turning up bass settings on your telly ramp up the volume playing music or something bet you get to hear it woof woofing

Erinville

It has its own power source.
I actually thought that you have to turn off the TV speakers.
Wouldn't that also turn off the bass?
I'll have a try off that later.

cactikid

VIP Member
No you can have all running if you wish ,tv, 7-1. and 5-1 gameschair if your up for it.

Sound should come through the cable no matter what.

What you need playing is Fast and Furious with some WOW sounds.

Erinville

I presume you mean from the optical cable.
Unfortunately it didn't come with the system.
I ordered one yesterday.

baffler

as dummer said it should very well work/operate from the arc hdmi.
you will be better to get the system working via the arc, as you will need to use the soundbar remote to higher/lower the volume of the tv sound if using the optical feed. using the hdmi arc allows for no need to use the soundbar remote,except if you want to tweek the settings... bas/treb..ect

i had a issue last week when i changed from one firestick to another, ''the sound from the subwoofer was not right'' sort of like a rumbling type of echo coming from the sub..anyway i spent 2-3 hours going all the settings on the tv and also on the new firestick, it made no difference whatsoever, before i pushed the tv stand back into position i pulled 'on purpose' the power supply from the sub, pushed the lead back in and hey presto all good and sounds fine,may seem somewhat strange but it worked fine,it solved my prob...

also make sure is your hdmi cable is a ''''''high speed type''''''.. i tried 4 hdmi cables that were on hand, none of them worked via the arc, when digging deeper i found my last one that i had and it worked fine .. see all the others were inferior to the last one i found

baffler

see... your z8 connects to the tv via hdmi, that carries the sound and vision to the tv...using the arc hdmi is transferred from the tv to your sub set-up...so you shouldnt need a optical cable to get the sound transferred to your soundbar.. you only need a optical cable if your current tv has NOT got a hdmi arc.. my last tv didnt.. so i got a optical cable and it was fine ..its just that it was a pain in the arse going from remote to remote...so my new tv now has arc hdmi..no need for the optical... i pretty much bet its down to the hdmi cable itself your using...

baffler

also.. reading on your previous chats here... do not turn off your speakers on the tv, it will automaticaly be transfered to your soundbar.... jesus wept... friggin ell