How to Get WhatsApp Messages From iPhone to Huawei (Android)?

Openboxcy

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6 at present but am changing to a Huawei P20 Pro.

I'm wondering how I can get my WhatsApp messages containing text, pictures and videos from my iPhone to my new Huawei? I've done a Google search on this and there are a few pages that come up with programs to run etc, but the English isn't great on these sites so im a bit sceptical.

Has anyone done this successfully and can advise how they done it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

It should be backed up on whattsapp so when you change phones over and install whattsapp it should ask you to restore it all or do a backup and see can't go wrong with p20 pro I have one lol

Thanks @bazcfc1. Ive had a look at the settings part of WhatsApp on my iPhone. When I go into 'chat backup' it asks me to sign into iCloud. It then says that I can back up my chat incase I lose my iPhone or switch to a new one. Not sure if I can back this up and then when I sign into WhatsApp on the Huawei, essentially download my backup from their server or something similar?

The P20 Pro isn't being delivered till later in the week so I cant even test it just now. Just trying to do prep work basically. :smiley:

You get 15gb free on a new gmail account so link it and back up on there.
When you put sim in new phone and install whatsapp it should ask if you want to restore.

Thanks @benijofar. I don't have a Gmail account, but can easily enough sign up for one. I've looked at exporting individual chats to an email address, but there is no way from what I have read to import these into Whatsapp on my new phone. Any ideas?

Thanks @benijofar. I don't have a Gmail account, but can easily enough sign up for one. I've looked at exporting individual chats to an email address, but there is no way from what I have read to import these into Whatsapp on my new phone. Any ideas?
Just export all then delete the ones you don't want.
I recently exported all mine to a new phone.
77k messages !
Deleted @ 20k so far and a real pain !

For anyone looking to do this in the future.

Ended up using an app called WazzapMigrator. It cost £4.99 from the Play Store (I know some people wont want to pay that, but honestly it was pretty easy to do and I felt worth it).

Follow instructions on the WazzapMigrator website and then you can get your chat history from your old phone to new phone. The only thing I will say is when you get to the point you need to install Whatsapp, make sure it is version 2.18.248 you install so as you get the 'restore' option, I found this out the hardway. You can find a download for this by just googling this version number. Then once you have your chats all back on your new phone do a local backup for all chats, delete Whatsapp to get rid of version 2.18.248 and download the latest version through the Play Store, that's it.

you can only transfer the Backup chat file and this will not move Videos or pictures, i did this a few years ago with sucessful results

Back