HD51 4K How to install a generic wifi dongle

Raf007

Hi,
I have a generic wifi dongle. How can I use it with my Mutant HD51? I have software cd of the dongle but do not know how can I use the dongle.
I have tried to look usb dongle software in plugins but could not find any.
Please guide and thank you in advance

You have to find out what chipset the dongle has and find the corresponding driver in plugin downloads (if there is one for that chipset).

In later versions of OpenATV, some dongles are just plug and play. Check to see if the box recognises it automatically.

I have CD of the software. Can I put the software in the box and if yes then where.

where should I see the box recognise the dongle or not. I am big fan of Openvix.
thanks guys

Guys I have install the software. now how to i figure it out.

box is not recognising it automatically.

guys I managed. very pleased from the support.
I have a push now

little help make massive difference with me. I am totally unknown to computer but due to this forum I am doing things which were beyond my understanding.
Little help make massive difference

Last edited by a moderator:
You must have had a supported model as many dont work,by any chance did you download any drivers for it.

Yes I have download a software from the drivers. I did not have the exact model driver but i downloaded the realtek one and it worked. Sometime we should use the common sense. I am a big risk taker. That is why I learned a lot. I have used Technomate, Formuler and now Mutant HD 51 box. I like Mutant HD51. It is quite sharp and quick

Back