Satellite How to Multiboot H7s that has crashed?

lespat

Is there any way to boot a different image on multiboot when one of the images crashes and won't restart? It has happened a couple of times and the only way I could get the box working again was to reflash from scratch and then add the other backup images into other slots.

What have you changed to make it crash? Can you access the box by FTP and look at the crash log?
If you've changed the skin just delete the skin folder.

Thanks for the reply. This is a situation that arose after I had made a few changes, skin + a few others while testing another image on multiboot function. The box froze and I could not not get going again so had to reflash and start again. A power down did not help as it would seem that the last imge used becomes the default image until you change it. Everythig is ok for now so far but looking to see if there was another way back to another installed image if it happened again.

Flashing by USB will always wipe the entire flash memory so you will lose multiboot images.
Best thing is to keep backups of your multiboot images so that you can flash them back easily.

Re-flash was the only way I could see to bring life back into the box. I had backups and used them, once up and running. Just read on another forum that there is a USB recovery multiboot file for a Maxtek and wondered if such a thing was available for the Zgemma H7 boxes were available?

Back