How to open IE on zgemma h11s

Blueking5

Apologies to everyone as I do not seem to be able to get into the zgemma support forum.
I have open atv (6.4) installed on my zgemma h11s. In fact it was already available.
I would now like to install whooshbuild so that I can get the sky like interface.
I therefore have two questions.
1) how do run internet explorer?
2) I have install instructions for whooshbuild, but is this the best to install, as people have mention grogbuild and/or willowbuild. If you would recommend one of these where can I find install instructions to perform via IE?.

Apologies to everyone as I do not seem to be able to get into the zgemma support forum.
I have open atv (6.4) installed on my zgemma h11s. In fact it was already available.
I would now like to install whooshbuild so that I can get the sky like interface.
I therefore have two questions.
1) how do run internet explorer?
2) I have install instructions for whooshbuild, but is this the best to install, as people have mention grogbuild and/or willowbuild. If you would recommend one of these where can I find install instructions to perform via IE?.
Internet explorer?
You can't run a browser on the box, you open a browser on your laptop/pc and connect to the box interface, openwebif.

To do this you need the box IP address, usually begins with 192.168.

Menu, information, network.

Write it down.

Open IE or chrome or Opera or whatever browser you use on your PC and type the box IP address in the address bar, not the search bar.

If your box has a password you will need this to access webif/terminal

Dont install wooshbuild its out of date.

Grogsbuild is based on OpenATV 6.4 and as this will shortly no longer be supported by OpenATV id recommend you use Willow's build.

Internet explorer?
You can't run a browser on the box, you open a browser on your laptop/pc and connect to the box interface, openwebif.

To do this you need the box IP address, usually begins with 192.168.

Menu, information, network.

Write it down.

Open IE or chrome or Opera or whatever browser you use on your PC and type the box IP address in the address bar, not the search bar.

If your box has a password you will need this to access webif/terminal
Thanks for that, it worked perfectly after that advice. It did fail re-formatting my 64gb usb device. But once I skipped this it completed. I was then later able to re-format my usb and mount. ;)

Dont install wooshbuild its out of date.

Grogsbuild is based on OpenATV 6.4 and as this will shortly no longer be supported by OpenATV id recommend you use Willow's build.
Ah, I have installed whooshbuild now. Would I be able to install willowbuild to replace this. I have open atv 6.4 pre-installed on my zgemma h11s so it all seems to be working fine. Of course I need to find a package provider via IPTV, but that’s my next step. I understand that some offer a 24hr package that allows me to test/try out their service/channels with my whooshbuild interface.

Ah, I have installed whooshbuild now. Would I be able to install willowbuild to replace this. I have open atv 6.4 pre-installed on my zgemma h11s so it all seems to be working fine. Of course I need to find a package provider via IPTV, but that’s my next step. I understand that some offer a 24hr package that allows me to test/try out their service/channels with my whooshbuild interface.
My understanding is that willowbuild does not utilise openatv, is that correct?.

My understanding is that willowbuild does not utilise openatv, is that correct?.
Openatv and openvix are both supported on this forum.
Wooshbuild and Grogbuild both use openatv.
Willobuild uses openvix.

You can leave wooshbuild on while it's already installed, it'll be ok for a year or so which will give you some time to get used to the box and remote, at any time you can change to Grogbuild or willobuild

You can just start again with williobuild you could even save your wooshbuild setup flash williobuild to another slot of you box.

Back