How to reset solo2 to Frist Install Wizard (FIW)

Kaiser

Hi, I'm sure some of you knowledgeable techies can help me reset my solo2 to FIW. I have just received my box and during setup I've managed to set the menu to an non English language and I cannot get it reset. The box was supplied with vix image. Be gentle as I a newbie to all this.

Thanks mike. Do I then download the vix image and use this to reflash? I was worried that the warranty would be invalidated as I have only received the box last week. So if I reflash, this will give me an out of box set up. Thanks for your expert guidance.

why not just change it in language settings as they are all flags=union jack=uk simple.
menu-setup -system-language.

This is my problem cactkid - The menu will not let me go past channel list. I cannot access any of the other menus

cant understand that if its only language that changed main menu scroll down to setup-ok-system-ok-scroll down to language-ok-language-uk flag.
no idea where your getting your channel list?

you are pressing the menu button under volume on remote?

Last edited:
just get the latest from world of satalite. and reflash. however, you should be able to acess the setup menu and change it like cactikid said. menu/settings/launguage i think it is.

new box would have had the last image,if everything else fails yes reflash but i dont think its needed yet as its just a case of finding your way around.

FIW Reset

Thanks mike, that exactly what I've done and all now ticky boo. Do not know what happened the first time causing all to freeze. Thanks to all you that offered this guy a happier way through life. More channels than I never knew existed.

you never mentioned box froze,powering off at rear then on usually shifts the freeze.

think you need to delete some channels lol,its a great feeling having something to play with and enjoy(y)look at the bright side you could have had a skybox:beg:

Last edited:
Back