How to set up to record

I'm helping a friend who has a vm single feed cable coming into his house....and we are looking to buy the
Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver

How does it record and watch something else with him only having the single feed into the box....
Many thanks

I have the solo 2 with sat tuners With the two feeds connected from the dish wich allows me to record and watch something else

It has an in built splitter so just stick it in! I'm the same only one cable. No VM BB and my box uses a loop cable just to tuner B but you won't even need that.

Many thanks....is there any links within the forum to show me how to set the vm side of it up for him as in putting net ids in and what ever else....

With me having the sat setup I no how that works but im new to the vm setup

Many thanks again for feedback

Bees Combo guide(ignore the sat side) is the best you'll get I think on here but if you've done sat you'll be fine. Your net ID basically is like inputting your region in ABM and in tuners you're selecting VM UK 6952 instead of 28.2e...

I know, got 20 for 3 quid off there but some folk are happy buying as they need and if he'd forgotten he can get there and then at least....

Not had much luck with cable epg on VIX using cross or XMLTV/epg sources. Best using EPGrefresh plugin out nightly zap timer. Basically using OTA feed....

I tried to set the box up earlier....I ran a lan cable from his vm router to the box....can't get internet connection...I done network test and lan connection is ok...next one down local network isn't connecting.....just set it up on my sky bb router and is all working....any ideas guys and girls...
Many thanks

The cable I was using was a rj11 to rj 11
Should it be rj45 to rj45 or rj45 to rj11 cable I should use or would this matter

Back