How To Softmod Your Wii (Version 4.2 Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I have a problem... OK, I softmodded the wii following all the directions and I now have Neogamma r7 channel.... yes I have the CIOS 14 installed.... Problem is, how do I play my downloaded games?

Am I burning them right? I have imgburner and it only let me write image to 15x speed (lowest one)
Im trying to play Harvest Moon Animal Parade .iso. Please help me and give me as much info as possible.

Trying to get this all sorted out to give my sister a christmas present :)

Hello all! I have a problem... OK, I softmodded the wii following all the directions and I now have Neogamma r7 channel.... yes I have the CIOS 14 installed.... Problem is, how do I play my downloaded games?

Am I burning them right? I have imgburner and it only let me write image to 15x speed (lowest one)
Im trying to play Harvest Moon Animal Parade .iso. Please help me and give me as much info as possible.

Trying to get this all sorted out to give my sister a christmas present :)

Image burn can go as low a 1,check the settings

I have changed the tutorial to show a link for the software, hope this is clearer, and my apology's.:beg:

I keep getting this error

'error!(ret=-4100)
contents...ERROR!(ret=-1017)
title...ERROR!(ret=-1017)

This is when im trying to uninstall the four WADs that show. im stuck in this step and not sure what to do.

thanks for quick reply, it shows wad manager 1.4 and the four wads that show are all IOS222-64-v65280.wad

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

oh and im in step 5

not sure whats happening there,is this an updated wii or bought new,i am popping out for an hour but will come back and try to help out,if you can give me as much information as you can that would be great,did bootmii go on as a ios or boot 2,do you have homebrew etc etc

Hello sinno, this is an updated wii, its not new. I followed the first steps and installed bootmii on boot2 and ios, installed dvdx and homebrew channel. When i go to the homebrew channel there is nothing there. As for the bootmii menu, it doesnt show up anywhere, not even when i restart.

try re downloading part 2 again,those errors can sometimes mean corrupt files,dont panic,did you update through nintendo
when you go to homebrew press the home button and then choose bootmii,see if the wad manager comes up then

Last edited:
First off thx for the guide :)

but i messed up in the step 2 section and installed instead of unistall. I redid the step and got the error:
'error!(ret=-4100)
contents...ERROR!(ret=-1017)
title...ERROR!(ret=-1017)

so i continued anyways and when i got into the bootmii if i press A my wiimote goes dead.

What do i do ?

Last edited:
You still should be able to uninstall them,i think you can navigate bootmii with the wii itself using the power reset and eject buttons.
everyone should read the tutorial and then do it,it can seem simple but you realy have to follow it carefully

You still should be able to uninstall them,i think you can navigate bootmii with the wii itself using the power reset and eject buttons.
everyone should read the tutorial and then do it,it can seem simple but you realy have to follow it carefully

can you explain that on for me sinno, cheers

How do I control the BootMii menu without a WiiMote?
Use a GC pad in port 1 to navigate the menu. If you don't have one, you can use the Power button to cycle through options in the menu, and Reset to select. You just need to briefly press each button.
if he can get bootmii to launch he might be able to get back to system menu and get homebrew going again and get to uninstall the wads

hey,

i am having the exact same problem as saitoh183. Is there a solution for this? I also never had an option to install bootmii as boot 2 in the step 1. Is this a problem?

*edit i have a new wii but I updated it to 4.2u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back