How to take apart the xbox 360

homesick

VIP Member
TK Supporter
This is a YouTube video that shows you step-by-step how to disassemble an Xbox 360. One of the best tutorials out there. This video is mine.

[VV]4559826[/VV]

Last edited:
good video, better than the one i was watching from youtube, i have to open mine again as the eject button wont work anymore, its ok for now i just have to leave the faceplate off to stick somthing small in to open it but its a pain in the backside opening it and putting it back together again, hope i didint break the button, sure a new case can always be purchased!

good video, better than the one i was watching from youtube, i have to open mine again as the eject button wont work anymore, its ok for now i just have to leave the faceplate off to stick somthing small in to open it but its a pain in the backside opening it and putting it back together again, hope i didint break the button, sure a new case can always be purchased!

sometimes the screws wont go back in right and you can force them, and think everything is ok, but when you put the eject button back on that 1 cm difference will make it not work, just take the case back apart and re-seat it and it should go back to functioning properly again.

i just have the faceplate off for now, definately out a fraction is all, too lazy too take it apart again. ill do it again when its needed (around the middle of may i think :) )

i just have the faceplate off for now, definately out a fraction is all, too lazy too take it apart again. ill do it again when its needed (around the middle of may i think :) )

lol, glad you figured it out!

Added a Vimeo bbcode HS so you can play the video here as discussed earlier you will see when posting a
99.jpg
button.

Just press that when posting and copy the numbers at the end of the share link eg,

http://www.vimeo.com/4559826

HTML:
[VV]4559826[/VV]
I cant make it play in the video directory as it only works for youtube "for now ;)"

Please everyone, dont forget to show your appreciation for the amount of time and effort homesick has put into this by pressing the "thanks" button under his Tutorial.

Love the video homie :)
But I better not show my 9 year old or I`ll be putting it back together again lol

Did a few of these now for RROD fix but can anyone tell me why I can't get the E74 fix to stick with the arcade models????

Did a few of these now for RROD fix but can anyone tell me why I can't get the E74 fix to stick with the arcade models????

well, could be due to a number of things, thermal paste, screws, ram, ect. what tut/method did you use?

hey homesick, long time no see, saw you popped in to vote a while back. anyway just used this video to open a pals xbox(he was chicken lol) very easy to follow, now i am off to find out what type of drive i have.

Back