how to UNJailbreak a phone

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
My friend has an iphone 4 and was having problems with it. When i looked at it and tried to access her itunes i noticed it was jailbroken. She nor i know how to use a jailbroken phone and she is having problems with getting on the internet and updating her phone with the latest software.

Jailbreaking is something ive never looked into as my iphone is under contract and warranty.
Apparenlty when she was given the phone she asked someone to Unlock it for her so she could us it with her o2 sim and was told she could use any sim. She didnt know what they did but can use the phone for calls/texts and emails, but says it will not update.

So can we unjailbreak so that she can update it and install her music and apps that are on her itunes but still use her o2 sim. I am not sure if she is on contract or PAYG with o2.
She uses the phone for her business so i would assume its on a contract but have no idea! Sorry i cant help with much more info

linny as far as i am aware if she updates the phone will no longer be unlocked,so she can update but then have to unlock again

she can reset all settings on her iPhone and then ring her sim provider up and ask them to unlock the phone for her, then after that she is free to do whatever she wishes (y)

thanks guys. Dont know if she even knows what network it was on before
linny as far as i am aware if she updates the phone will no longer be unlocked,so she can update but then have to unlock again
Thats the problem if she updates technically she will be without a phone for as long as it take to unlock again. and with these phones coz its a micro sim you cant just put the sim in another phone :(
she can reset all settings on her iPhone and then ring her sim provider up and ask them to unlock the phone for her, then after that she is free to do whatever she wishes
again J that will take time. Wish id known her when she found the phone, could have directed her properly, but only known here a few weeks - since i started skating!

NOKIA RULE lol

Only kidding Linny, there is an adapter you can get to transform your micro sim into a normal sized one, I don't think they are expensive

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/AFC-Trident-Micro-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B003THJQVU

I have heard of phone shops giving them out to their customers

thanks Sinno she really didnt want it jailbroken, just wanted to use on another network.But thats what the little (dvd man) did. My neice had hers factory unlocked by apple and it cost her £50 - all legal and legit - my friend i think paid a little man around £20 and told her thats what needed to be done. Shes a bit clueless when it comes to technology stuff. She may be an ice skating coach/professional skater, but technology she just about gets by!

like us all linny when we start,if she has a browse around that link she can save her money

Have the "Jailbreakers" cracked iso 5.1 yet? Wife is pestering me to get her Jailbroken 3gs updated from 4.1.

Back