HP Laptop - spec check!

Lionrock

Hi gang.

In and out of work meetings all day but trying to source a laptop at the same time to buy today!

If anyone has 2 minutes just to scan an eye over this laptop spec it would be much appreciated.....

Really after a 17" display for under £400 (this is £330) so obviously options/specs are limited. But this one has stood out (admittedly with my limited knowledge).

Main use will be for;
Excel work - lots of formulas and open workbooks
Online poker
Streaming video / movies etc

Liking the 8gb memory, 1TB HDD and I think the graphics card is decent for the budget.

No idea at all on the processor (AMD A8-7050 APU) so any comment on this welcome. Probably my main area of concern.

Also only 1 HDMI port and 1 USB 3.0 port. But in reality probably not a big issue.

Manufacturer HP
Price £330
Operating system Windows 10 Home 64
Processor family AMD Quad-Core A-Series processor
Processor AMD Quad-Core A8-7050 APU
Memory 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
Hard drive 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
Display size 17.3"
Display HD+ BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900)
Graphics Radeon R5 Graphics (1.8 GHz, 2 MB cache)
Audio features DTS Studio Sound™ with 2 speakers
Webcam VGA webcam (front-facing) with integrated digital microphone
Wireless 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo (Miracast compatible)
Ports 1 HDMI
1 headphone/microphone combo
2 USB 2.0
1 USB 3.0
1 RJ-45
Expansion slots 1 multi-format SD media card reader

Like I say, really need buy this tonight if going for it, so any comments appreciated.

Cheers gang!

£400 for 17 is very low budget and the screen quality will be poor.

I wouldn't touch HP they are not great.

I would look for a good quality 15.6

A lot in this price range will only have one usb 3.0 port and one hdmi is standard no need for more.

The 1tb hard drive will be slow in this they put large ones in because this is what people look at if it was me the first thing I would do is switch that drive out for a ssd.

for what you want it for its just fine,although i agree that the 5400rpm hdd sure isnt great.it will do what you need it for.

Back