Huawei P40 Pro - APK App Downloads

Openboxcy

Hi,

At present I have a Huawei P20 Pro, had it about 3 years. Its a cracking phone to be fair so thought I would try and get a P40 Pro.

My main issue with this is that you don't get the Google Play Store on this phone, instead it's the Huawei gallery. I'm basically looking to see if users out there have found getting apps that aren't in the Huawei gallery easy enough, i. e. through APKs?

I checked the Huawei gallery and things like William Hill, Depop etc aren't there. I'm also wondering if you get issues using WH for example , are there problems with with location with this? Just know I can't place bets while I'm abroad.

Any help from people using P40 Pro's would be great.

Thanks

Got the p30 pro.
After factory reset, as you go through the menus, it gives option to skip Huawei products. This then loads with Google play store. Not sure if it's changed on the 40 Pro..... Paul

Got the p30 pro.
After factory reset, as you go through the menus, it gives option to skip Huawei products. This then loads with Google play store. Not sure if it's changed on the 40 Pro..... Paul
Thanks Paul, unfortunately with the P40 Pro you don't get that option. Only Huawei Gallery on that phone. Cheers

Got the p30 pro.
Good phone I’ve just got rid of mine for iPhone 12

I’ve had p40 lite bud and managed to get most apps
Cheers mate, just through Googling APKs and downloading apps that way? I take it you need to keep on top of app updates as the app store etc won't notify you when updates are available? By any chance did you have any betting apps? Thanks

Cheers mate, just through Googling APKs and downloading apps that way? I take it you need to keep on top of app updates as the app store etc won't notify you when updates are available? By any chance did you have any betting apps? Thanks
Yes bud didn’t have betting apps as don’t bet I’m afraid bud

Yes bud didn’t have betting apps as don’t bet I’m afraid bud
Thanks mate, thought that was the case. Be interested to know if betting apps work. Suppose I could just go to the website, just easier using an app.

Alternatively I might be better buying a 2nd hand P30 Pro.

Thanks mate, thought that was the case. Be interested to know if betting apps work. Suppose I could just go to the website, just easier using an app.

Alternatively I might be better buying a 2nd hand P30 Pro.
I will put my lite on charge and check bud in morning and post back here

Really appreciate that mate, thank you. Just a final question you may or may not be able to help with. Are the apps downloaded through an APK secure? Just I'd be using eBay, PayPal, betting sites for APKs. These apps would be in some way shape or form be linked to my bank account.

Really appreciate that mate, thank you. Just a final question you may or may not be able to help with. Are the apps downloaded through an APK secure? Just I'd be using eBay, PayPal, betting sites for APKs. These apps would be in some way shape or form be linked to my bank account.
I’ve never had issues when using PayPal on my lite bud or eBay I usually use apkpure for them some you can get from Huawei but harmony supposed to due soon

Back